Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep feature in a new exhibition at Minnesota Children's Museum this summer! Opening on 28th May, 'Shear Genius', is a touring exhibition developed by the Museum in partnership with Aardman.
In this hands-on exhibition, visitors will step into the wonderful worlds of these favourite characters – West Wallaby Street and Mossy Bottom Farm – to explore the contraptions, antics and escapades of Wallace, Gromit, Shaun and other familiar Aardman characters through play and interactive fun.
Designed for children aged 3-9, Shear Genius lets visitors have fun with the characters while also solving some exciting STEM-based puzzles and problems, such as completing a circuit and fixing a farmyard machine. Activities include:
- Blast off in Wallace’s rocket, make a slice of cracking toast and race to complete a puzzle before blast-off
- Experiment with iconic inventions in Wallace’s workshop: launch the porridge cannon, fix Autochef and activate the Knit-o-Matic and Get-U-Up-Device
- Get moving around Mossy Bottom Farm by traversing the wall, balancing on barn doors and tending to plush sheep
- Mix up Bitzer's face to create new facial expressions
- Create a stop motion animation using materials found in the scrap heap
- Plant and harvest vegetables in the garden, deliver the mail and hop into Preston’s truck for a drive
- Learn about the history and people behind the Wallace & Gromit films and see miniature props from a film
Wallace & Gromit™ and Shaun the Sheep™: Shear Genius! will run until 4th September at Minnesota Children's Museum and will then be split into two new travelling exhibitions, which can be booked by museums across the US. For more information and to book tickets, click here.