Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » CREATOR NICK PARK SELLS VAN ON EBAY MOTORS FOR CHARITY

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 33 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 33.
benjee Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 17th 2007

Nick Park, creator of the plasticine pair Wallace & Gromit, is selling his 1958 Austin A35 van, the inspiration behind the Anti-Pesto van from the Oscar® winning film, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. All proceeds from the sale will be donated to Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Foundation, which supports children’s hospitals and hospices across the UK.

The van will be auctioned on eBayMotors from 9am on Wednesday 17th October until Friday 26th October and will be delivered with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Nick Park. The Austin A35 was built in 1958 and most parts are original. The van is drivable but will need MOT and tax.

Nicola Masters, Director of Wallace & Gromit's Children's Foundation said: “We are extremely grateful to Nick Park for his fantastic support and generosity. This auction offers collectors, fans and supporters the opportunity to own a piece of Wallace & Gromit history and the money raised will make a real difference to sick children in hospitals and hospices across the UK. Good Luck and thank you to everyone who takes part”.

Nick Park added: “I’ve always been a fan of Austins and this particular vehicle inspired me to come up with the Anti-Pesto van that was central to the plot and rehabilitation of the vegetable eating 'pests' in Curse of the Were-Rabbit. The van needed to be big enough to transport Wallace’s invention the Bunvac 2000 while at the same time slick enough to go on high speed chases after the formidable Were-rabbit, and the Austin was a perfect match. Good luck to everyone who bids and all proceeds will be donated to Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Foundation”.

Jody Ford of eBayMotors.co.uk says, "We're delighted to have the Austin A35 van listed on eBayMotors.co.uk. It's a great opportunity for a passionate motorist to drive off with a piece of movie history while doing their bit for a very worthwhile charity."

Click Here to visit the eBay page.

conty Posted: Oct 17th 2007

what a great way to raise money for the childrens foundation, i think its wonderful idea, and i hope it makes lots of money, well done nick

darrel Posted: Oct 17th 2007

sianybuba Posted: Oct 17th 2007

thats great wish i had enough money to buy it
the ones you use for the film can you sell them cos i would buy one
and may be they would be a little cheaper
love mad collector of wallace and gromit

haz Posted: Oct 17th 2007

good work the kindest thing ive ever heard

jordan Posted: Oct 18th 2007

nice van

Hutch Posted: Oct 18th 2007

One word-AWESOME

Josephine Posted: Oct 18th 2007

Nick P has one big, generous heart!

anti-pesto Posted: Oct 19th 2007
|-)

can i av it?

wandgfan21 Posted: Oct 20th 2007

wow wish i had the money im going to watch it in my ebay i estimate it will go for £6,500.

jills Posted: Oct 21st 2007
:'(

That's the sort of goodwill that makes me teary-eyed. I can't bid either, but I guess we can still support the charity's mission and say good work by doing a smaller donation.

babylambx Posted: Oct 21st 2007

wow wow0:) i love dat van but maybe itz a bit toooo exsensive 4 mii

bigballbubblehead Posted: Oct 21st 2007

wow its going for £6'000 at the mo but i hope it gets more! you can make your own anti-presto van!

woop woop!!!

darrel Posted: Oct 22nd 2007

wallace and gromit

Fish Posted: Oct 22nd 2007

Well done! I too wish I could at least bid on the van, but I cannot. I think Nick's kindness comes through not only in his charitable giving, but in the W&G films as well. There is something genuinely lovely about Wallace and Gromit.

conty Posted: Oct 28th 2007

happy to see that the van sold for 7,400.00, thats great news, bring some smiles to all those children, great job :D conors mum

kieran Posted: Oct 28th 2007

them cars are nearly worthless but because you cant buy them any more and because its Wallace and gromits car its going to be worth more.

funkycheese7000 Posted: Oct 28th 2007

I think the person who wins it should paint the 'Anti-pesto' logo on the side!

shaunisgr8 Posted: Oct 30th 2007

Or sticker so it can always come off. The car itself is very old, genuine and collectable.

kieran Posted: Oct 30th 2007

wouldn't that be copy write unless they ask aardman.

funkycheese7000 Posted: Oct 30th 2007

Oh yeah. Better ask Aardman first. Oh, and by the way, good idea shaunisgr8! Although, it would have to be a re-pealabe sticker.

the crackers gromit Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

nice looking van

ey up gromit Posted: May 8th 2008

awwwwwwwww that is so kind hearted i wish i had known then iwould have bid on it::wendoline

niallswand Posted: Sep 21st 2008

how much did it sell for?

Seb Moderator Posted: Sep 22nd 2008

wandgfan21 Posted: Sep 22nd 2008

this almost a year old!

wandgfan21 Posted: Sep 22nd 2008

£7,400!wow £900 over my estimate!

niallswand Posted: Oct 13th 2008

cool, thanks for the link

Oakes Posted: Oct 22nd 2008

hi, guess who the van went to!!!! ME!!! well not me, but my dads, cousins, sisters, brothers, fathers, uncles, sisters, mothers, step-son bought it, and on my 18th birthday, hes giving it to me!!!!

Bobwilliams Posted: Dec 31st 2008

Hi I'm, this is really nice way of thinking Nick to helping the children. My hearty congratulations for you pal. I wish you that you will soon reach your goal. Very quickly you will raise the money more.
-------------------
Bobwilliams
New Cars

thetopbun Posted: Jan 11th 2009

Well done Nick!

ben 2 Posted: Jul 29th 2009

hey thats my avatar oh well he go ti first i bet he found it were i found it

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.