Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » TIPS ON USING SCULPTURE TOOLS FOR MODELLING

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
llova Posted: Mar 27th 2008

Greetings all,

I'm using Sculpey to create a series of figures and am having trouble making the figures smooth. I have a set of plastic sculpture tools I purchased at an art supply store, but I don't know how to use them appropriately.

I'm using them to press the polymer clay into shapes, but I also hear that "shaving" the clay is possible. When I do, I just get a bunch of deep lines, gauges and tears. Any tips, thank you much!

jordan Posted: Mar 27th 2008

sculpey isnt that good with tools, you can usually shape it by hand with wet fingers to get it smooth or wet the ends of the tools which you want to use. sculpey can be tough to work with squashing, moulding etc,

Nofby Posted: May 5th 2008

I disagree, from my experience sculpey is brilliant for sculpture and has a good firm feel. Don't use ordinarly plastic tools to shave the clay, you have to buy a proper metal tool. It has a handle with a kind of mini peeler on the end which you run down the clay to get a edge or peel of the dirty layer. A good website is Tiranti. Type it in google.

jordan Posted: May 5th 2008

a month to late maybe?

Nofby Posted: May 5th 2008

Hehe, I think so.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.