LATEST NEWS » NICK PARK ANNOUNCES A NEW WALLACE & GROMIT ADVENTURE!

Oldest
Previous
1 23
There are 150 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

It’s a ‘who-doughnut?’ mystery Gromit!

Today, fans throughout the world can see Nick Park talking about Wallace and Gromit’s forthcoming new film. Within an interview style short film, available only on the internet, Nick reveals that the plasticine duo’s new adventure will be made for TV.

Trouble At’ Mill will join multi award winning The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave as a TV half hour. You can view Nick's film on our homepage and 'watch' page.

Trouble At’ Mill, to be shown on BBC1, is in pre-production now, shooting starts in January, it will be finished for Autumn/Christmas 08. All production will take place at the Aardman studios in Bristol.

After the incredible success of Curse of The Were-Rabbit Nick is delighted to return to the 30 minute format, “I love making films for the cinema but the production of Chicken Run and Curse of the Were-Rabbit were virtually back to back and each film took 5 years to complete, Trouble At’ Mill will be so much quicker to make and I can’t wait to get back into production.” The new film will reunite Nick with writer Bob Baker who co-wrote both The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

Wallace and Gromit have a brand new business. The conversion of 62 West Wallaby Street is complete and impressive, the whole house is now a granary with ovens and robotic kneading arms. Huge mixing bowls are all over the place and everything is covered with a layer of flour. On the roof is a ‘Wallace patent-pending’ old-fashioned windmill. The transformation is perfect.

Although business is booming, Gromit is concerned by the news that 12 local bakers have ‘disappeared’ this year – but Wallace isn’t worried. He’s too distracted and ‘dough-eyed’ in love with local beauty and bread enthusiast, Piella Bakewell, to be of much help.

While they enjoy being the ‘Toast of the Town’, Gromit, with his master’s life in jeopardy, must be the sleuth and solve the escalating murder mystery - in what quickly becomes a ‘Matter of Loaf and Death’.

Fans will be able to keep checking back to www.wallaceandgromit.com to follow the progress of the production via a video blog filmed by the crew. The blog will reveal many of the day to day production techniques at the Aardman studio. There is also the opportunity to be the first to see the completed film at a special preview hosted by Nick Park by entering our competition here:
http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/competition_film

FleaCircusDirector Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Nick mentions that the process of making the film will be quicker. Is this a technical improvement with the film making process?

jivemonkey Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Whatever it is, I'm just glad there will be more!

Oakes Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

I'm really happy but one thing though, why does Gromit have somethign in his mouth in one of the pics

BritishHobo Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Looks good.

animation boy Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

flea circus.

Nicks says the film will be quicker because unlike the last film, this film is only half an hour long rather then 85 mins. Also i imagine Aardman have a lot of experience from making short half hour episodes and will probably fill more comfortable without Dreamworks buttting in on everything (as rumour says, they did on COTW-R).

Gromit the dog Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

yay im so happy! love wallace and gromit trouble at' mill cant wait

elviskline99 Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Do we know who's going to be cast? Does anyone have any wishes as to who could play the new characters?

elviskline99 Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Victoria Wood, Pam Ferris ? maybe.....

Gromit the dog Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

the womans called paella bakewell i think

ilovegromit Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Jimmy Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Hi, can't wait for the new movie!!

Lady Tyke Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Surely "Trouble At' Mill" is not correct as a title? It should be Trouble at t'Mill. The apostrophe after "At" is not correct. Perhaps it should even be Trouble a't' Mill - although I agree that this does not look snappy. Calling all Yorkshire speakers to agree or disagree!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 4th 2007

As a northerner myself, I often miss out 'the' in sentences so "Trouble At' Mill" is correct for me! It could cause problems for people from the south though....

shaunisgr8 Posted: Oct 4th 2007

North and south part 2.. well I'm happy that there will be a new film whether the title includes the or not.

blueberry Posted: Oct 4th 2007

I hope the new film comes to the U.S. too! Don't forget the American fans!

Gromit is best Posted: Oct 4th 2007

I knew their would be anoter one

jills Posted: Oct 5th 2007

Glad it's another short! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

anilover Posted: Oct 5th 2007

wwwwhooooooooooo!!!

new film!!

i love it!

connor gorman Posted: Oct 5th 2007

cant wait am excited ecspecially at christmas time

anti-pesto Posted: Oct 5th 2007

ohhh im really excited. another oscar is on the way!

Fish Posted: Oct 6th 2007

Will people in other countries get to see the film?? I want to see it when it comes out, but I don't live in the UK:'(

Lady Tyke Posted: Oct 6th 2007

Continuing the apostrophe saga...very sensible to economise on words and miss out "the", but in that case, what purpose does the apostrophe serve? Why not just call the film "Trouble At Mill"? I wish I could let this rest but it bugs me - because we abuse apostrophes enough in this country of ours. You've only to think of "Peach's" on market stalls. Adding an apostrophe to At' is utterly meaningless amd grammatically incorrect. It bugs me as a northerner who lives in the south (in exile.....sob). Why not ask Wallace? After all, he's an expert on Yorkshire!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 6th 2007

tee hee, it's a never ending battle against incorrect punctuation! Have you read "Eats, shoots, and leaves"? I assume it is "At' Mill" because apostrophes mean you have left out a letter, or possibly a word?.....

kieran Posted: Oct 6th 2007

is it going to be on dvd

Lady Tyke Posted: Oct 6th 2007

Yes, Lynne Truss would love to hear of this little discussion I'm sure! You can never put an apostrophe after AT - it's just meaningless. However, you could have Trouble A' t' Mill because the apostrophe signifies a missed letter(s) and a glottal stop. Sorry about this. But what does Wallace say? Just ask him to clear his mouth of t'Wensleydale and let us hear exactly what he says, if only to put me out of my misery!!

Hutch Posted: Oct 7th 2007

Cool,yay a new character hehe wallace and piella pic.

Jennys Posted: Oct 8th 2007

I dont care where the apostrophe goes as long as I dont have to wait another five years to see a new Wallace and Gromit film!!!

All Im wondering about is as there is a series of Shaun the Sheep, couldnt we have a series of Wallace and Gromit? The short films prove it could be done.

(I apologise to Lady Tyke for not using apostrophes in dont and couldnt)

connor gorman Posted: Oct 8th 2007

katie do you help make the films and what part in the job do you do

lumpycheese Posted: Oct 14th 2007

Hopefully Peter Sallis will stay be alive to do the voice

musya Posted: Oct 16th 2007

I've been a great fan of W&G, yet "the curse of the were-rabbit" was a bit disapointment for me. It was too hollywoody unlike the gentle humor that I fell in love with in the previous 4 films. What direction have you chosen for the new movie?

sianybuba Posted: Oct 17th 2007

seems a bit cheesey to me
mmmm gromit in to baking wheres the cheese
wensleydale MMMMMM

Mark the shark Posted: Nov 25th 2007

I can't wait to see this. It's going to be AMAZING!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 16th 2008

When did this disappear?

hector Posted: Jan 16th 2008

I went to see "An audience with Peter Sallis" this ebvening (16th Jan 08). He talked a little about him stated on the new half hour film "Trouble at Mill". He said he was playing with someone named Sally ?Langhome? (I couldnt quite hear. It appears she was in Corronation Street

Gags Posted: Jan 16th 2008

I think that "Trouble At Mill" should be shown after "The Curse of The Were - Rabbit this christmas to get people in the mood and ready for the new short:-| Does anyone agree with me? ;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 16th 2008

CRUMBS, HECTOR! Sally Lindsay? Peter Kay's old friend? WOW!!! Cracking choice!

Did Peter Sallis talk like with your eyes shut?

I bet Sally Lindsay's Piella!

Gags - I AGREE!!!!! BRING IT ON, BBC!!!!!!!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 17th 2008

I agree, Gags! Who is Sally Lindsay? I bet (this being Aardman) it is an amazing choice but I still don't know. It's time for COTWR's TV premiere!:D

Josephine Posted: Jan 17th 2008

Mark the Shark, Sally Lindsay played a landlady in Coronation Street until a couple of years ago. Her character famously went on a date with a character played by Peter Kay.

I have asked Beeky on the "Blimey" topic (in the Production Blog bit) if this is something ... well, I'll let you read it for yourself, Mark the Shark. If it is the case that Ms Lindsay is going to be a voice, you will not be disappointed!!!!! ;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 17th 2008

I heard on the QT that Were Rabbit will be on the BBC at Christmas...then again, they could change their minds and show it earlier. The smart money is on Christmas.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

Thanks, Josephine! It's about time BBC showed Were-rabbit, eh!:D

Josephine Posted: Jan 19th 2008

Yeah! NO ANNOYING ADS FOR SOFAS, SALES OR HOLIDAYS in between. BLISS!

jordan Posted: Jan 20th 2008

i cant wait need more news

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 20th 2008

I couldn't agree more!:D

Oakes Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

can someone answer me, wat is the thing in gromits mouth in the bottomn right hand corner!!!!!!

jordan Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

he doesnt have anything in his mouth?!,,, he doesnt even have one!

purple and brown Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

how can you wach the nick park interview?|-)

Josephine Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

Oakes - do you mean the emoticon thingummy???!!!

This one?

It's his PAW!!!! He's resting his face on his PAW!!!!
He's looking pensive, thoughtful, etc.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here???!!! :-(|)

Josephine Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

purple and brown - that's a good point! Where the
hecky-peck is that interview, for the benefit of those who have recently joined us!?! Please bring it back! :'(

cinders1 Posted: Jan 24th 2008

ive just seen it josephine on the watch online bit on your left hand side;)its still here just a bit hidden

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.