Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT EXHIBITION OPENS AT THE M SHED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 13 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 13.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: May 23rd 2014

Remember we told you about an exciting new Wallace & Gromit exhibition coming to Bristol's M Shed? Well, it's very nearly ready to open its doors to the public! If you haven't heard about this event yet, we have all the details - including some new info - so you can find out all you need to know about what promises to be a real summer highlight!

'Wallace & Gromit from the Drawing Board' runs from 24th May until 7th September. The new exhibition gathers together some fascinating memorabilia in an area that has been specially designed by Aardman. As such, visitors can expect lots of quirky and unexpected touches as they walk around the exhibits. 

Visitors will be able to trace how these two much-loved creations have evolved over time and get an inisight into the film-making process. Must-see exhibits include film sets, Nick Park's doodle-filled notebook and the actual rocket from a Grand Day Out. There will even be a real Oscar statuette taking up residence amongst the other pieces during the exhibition - a great place for a photo opportunity!

As if that wasn't enough excitement, M Shed is also hosting some additional Wallace & Gromit-themed events while the exhibition is running, including the following:  

Get Creative: Every Thursday, 10am-12pm. Free with exhibition entry, these sessions are a chance to create your own stories inspired by Wallace & Gromit's world.

Cracking Stories: Tuesday 3 June, 6pm - 7.30pm A discussion about contemporary storytelling. 

Characters from clay with Aardman: Tuesday 12 August and Tuesday 26 August 10am, 12pm and 2pm. Make your favourite character - Gromit, Shaun the Sheep or Morph - with the help of Aardman's model makers. 

There is even the chance to enjoy all this goodness for free! M Shed is offering free entry on the following days: Wednesday 18 June, Wednesday 16 July and Wednesday 20 August, 2014 (No groups on free days)

To read full details about the exhibition and to find out practical info about visting the exhibition, visit the M Shed website here.     

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: May 23rd 2014

That sounds sooo AWESOME!! I wish I could go.... So far away! Is there any chance it might tour Britain at some point?!

nam man06 Posted: Jun 2nd 2014

Hello, I've attempted emailing about this but got no reply so I'm saying it on a random thread... I have recently discovered my old W&G account from about six years ago: nam mam06, it's very embarrassing and keeps getting confused with my tumblr account on Google. I would like it removed or at least have the contents of the account removed so it doesn't show up on searches any more, thanks.

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 4th 2014

Hi nam man06. We will look into this for you as soon as possible. 

W&Gfan10000 Posted: Jun 8th 2014

Hi I just want to ask want to ask why are the forums closed? I really want to speak to massive Wallace and Gromit fans and I don't how I can when the forums are closed :(

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 11th 2014

Hi w&gfan 10000. You can still chat with other Wallace & Gromit fans in our news section but we no longer have a dedicated 'open' chat forum. But please feel free to comment on our news stories and share your views with other fans in this section. We also have a Facebook page where you can share in Wallace & Gromit chat, upload pics and get all the latest news - take a look here: https://www.facebook.com/wallaceandgromit?ref=hl

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jun 11th 2014

Hello! I wasn't sure where to put this but on the animate it website under the morph competition it won't let you comment. every time I try it says comments are closed for this item..
any way of fixing it? Thanks

W&Gfan10000 Posted: Jun 12th 2014

Thanks for letting me know Katie and I have like your facebook pages of Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the sheep and Morph 

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 13th 2014

Hi gromitsbuddinginventor. Thanks for letting us know about the problem on the Animate It! website. We're looking into it and will let you know when the problem is fixed!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 18th 2014

Just to let you know that the problem with the Animate It! site should be fixed now!

gromit lover1234 Posted: Jun 24th 2014

i've been there and its awsome!!! it gave me aload of new idears!!!! know i'm making my own set!!!! 

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 25th 2014

Hi gromit lover 1234! Glad you enjoyed the exhibition and that it's inspired you to make your very own set - we hope you share it with us in the Creations of the Month competition!

adamg Posted: Jul 23rd 2014

i know this has not got anything to do with wallace and gromit but i think there should be a flushed away 2

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.