Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » NEW WALLACE & GROMIT EXHIBITION COMES TO BRISTOL'S M SHED IN MAY!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 6th 2014

An exciting new exhibition comes to Bristol's M Shed Museum on 24th May. 'Wallace & Gromit From the Drawing Board' will run throughout the summer, inviting W&G fans to explore the fascinating stories behind their creation and the films which have made them into world-famous super-stars. 

Taking place at the M Shed musuem on Bristol's harbourside, just a short distance from Aardman's animation studio and HQ, the exhibition will be a fantastic opportunity to get close to all kinds of fascinating Wallace & Gromit artefacts and memorabila, some of which have never been publicly displayed before. The exhibition will include notebooks from Nick Park's personal collection, including original W&G artwork and doodles, and story boards used to create favourite scences from the films.

As well as some very cool things to look at, the exhibition will feature lots of opportunities for hands-on fun too, encouraging visitors to make and draw their own stories. Aimed at both youngsters and grown-ups alike, 'Wallace & Gromit From the Drawing Board' follows hot on the heels of the phenomenally popular Gromit Unleashed trail, which attracted W&G fans from far and wide last summer. And now this exciting exhibition - launched to coincide with the 25th anniversary of 'A Grand Day Out' - promises another summer of fun for fans of one of Bristol's best-loved exports!

The exhibition runs from 24th May until 7th September 2014 and will be housed at the M Shed Museum on Bristol's harbourside. Find out more about visiting the M Shed and ticket details on the M Shed website

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Mar 6th 2014

Awesome!! I wish I lived nearer Bristol... Are there any plans in the distant future for it to come somewhere nearer London?!

Bitzer123 Posted: Mar 6th 2014

I miss out on such good stuff because I live in America!I wish Aardman would make a exhibition in America.

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 19th 2014

Don't worry if you're not able to visit the exhibition in person - we'll post some more info and photos of the exhibition when it opens in the early summer!

BristolExPat Posted: Apr 7th 2014

Dead chuffed to know this as we'll be "back home" for a fortnight in July. Too bad we missed the Unleashed event as it would have made a brilliant companion photo to Bristol's Gorillia statues we enjoyed so much before. Is there a Gromit around Bristol still?

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 9th 2014

Hi BristolExPat

Did you know there is a Gromit Unleashed shop at the Mall at Cribbs Causeway? You might like make a visit during your trip 'back home' over the summer as it sells all sorts of Wallace & Gromit memorabilia, including paint your own Gromits and figurines based on the Gromits that were featured in last year's trail. Find out more here: http://shop.gromitunleashed.org.uk/

Hope you enjoy your visit to Bristol!  

Haldir Posted: Apr 11th 2014

Hi everybody,

Is there any plan or idea somewhere in the Aardman studios for a new W&G ?

By the way, I know Pete is working on Morph at the moment but could we know on what Nick and David are working on, if it's not too secret ?

Have a good week-end !
Cheers !    

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 15th 2014

Hi Haldir. No plans at this very moment for a new W&G but you never know what might happen in the future! At the moment the Aardman team is pretty busy focusing on the new Shaun the Sheep movie which is coming out next year. Nick has been busy rifling through his loft and cupboards, looking out all his old sketchbooks and other memorabilia for the M Shed exhibition - apparantly he's found some really amazing gems hiding in his boxes! 

We will keep W&G fans posted on any other interesting news here on the site! You can also keep up to date on the Wallace & Gromit Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/wallaceandgromit?ref=hl

Hope that helps!        

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.