Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » A GRAND OPENING FOR THE THRILL-O-MATIC RIDE AT BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 24th 2013

The Thrill-O-Matic, the world’s first Wallace & Gromit ride, was officially opened by Nick Park, Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s Managing Director Amanda Thompson OBE and Deputy Managing Director Nick Thompson this morning!

Riders will step aboard a slipper-shaped carriage that will transport them through the colourful world of Wallace & Gromit, including lots of the classic scenes from each film.  There will plenty of intricate details for fans to look out for and lots of special effects that bring Wallace’s contraptions to life, providing over four minutes of cracking fun for those on-board.

If the ride itself wasn’t enough, visitors to the Thrill-O-Matic can also pick up exclusive merchandise from the UK’s only dedicated Wallace & Gromit shop.  Goodies on offer include everything from modeling kits, mugs, pin badge….and even cheese-flavoured rock!

Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit, said: "We have the perfect marriage between Wallace and Gromit and Blackpool Pleasure Beach . I grew up in Preston, which is just down the road so Blackpool feels like a natural home for Wallace and Gromit. It has been a great experience working with the Thompson family to create this family ride that sits right in the heart of the park, I really hope that our fans enjoy the Thrill-O-Matic as much as we have enjoyed creating it."

You can watch an interview with Nick Park and Wallace & Gromit creative director, Merlin Crossingham, below!

Win a Family Pass to Blackpool Pleasure Beach!
To celebrate the opening of the Thrill-O-Matic, our friends at Blackpool Pleasure Beach have given us a family pass to give away to one lucky Wallace & Gromit fan in our competition this month!  To be in with a  chance of winning, visit our competition page.

Silvia Cristina Posted: Apr 24th 2013

Greatins from Sao Paulo,  Brasil!

Gromit lad Posted: Apr 24th 2013

Well since I'm so far away, I might as well just use my active imagination. Wee! Down the loopdy loop! Though the tunnel! Wow... there's a lot of rabbits in this tunnel... Ooh! There's Victor Quartermaine's wig! Nope... just another rabbit... I... I see a light! And a sign... "Beware of poridge guns!" ...Well then... bring it on...

lad

pendle Posted: May 14th 2013

We went on the ride in march on good friday. we were the first group to ride. After tech troubles it was full steam ahead. One cracking ride. Going back soon loving it.love pendle xx

adamg Posted: 6 days ago

i went on it and in the matter of loaf and death part it smells like bread

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.