Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT GIVE THE THUMBS UP TO HOLIDAYS IN THE UK!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 14 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 14.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 5th 2013

VisitEngland, the UK’s national tourist board has recruited Wallace & Gromit as 'Tourism Trailblazers' to inspire Britons to take a holiday at home this year. 

Our favourite duo have pledged to take their well-earned holidays in the UK this year, and to kick start the holiday season are starring in a much-anticipated television advertisement due to air on 12 May.

The campaign will see Wallace and Gromit take to the road exploring the country and discovering the best of the UK (including some top spots for elite cheese tasting).  VisitEngland is working with a number of high street travel agents and operators across the country who will be putting together exciting British holiday packages for Wallace and Gromit and the rest of their customers.

“Leisure time has always been very important to Wallace & Gromit, so it’s great to see them making this holiday choice.” says Nick Park, creator and director of Wallace & Gromit.  “A nice cup of tea and some tasty local cheese is always a favourite  so they won’t be disappointed with their holiday in the UK”. 

Look out for the TV ad coming soon!  Where are you planning to go on holiday this year?  Post your answers in the comments below!

jordan Posted: Apr 5th 2013

Hurray nice to see them back again :) 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 6th 2013

We are going to Hong Kong Disneyland on April 15.  Looking forward to see the advertisement even jus on youtube. 

istiophorus Posted: Apr 6th 2013

when are they making another film

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 8th 2013

istiophorus - there's no film plans at the moment, although Nick Park has plenty of ideas in his brain (and his sketchbook!) so we'll have to wait and see what happens in future!

W&G Mastermind - Hong Kong sounds brilliant!  Hope you have a great time!  We should be able to post the ad on here once it's gone live!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 9th 2013

thank you katie!  i will be waiting for the ad. thanks once !gain.

wandgfanatic Posted: Apr 10th 2013

Brilliant!  Can't wait! 

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Apr 10th 2013

I'm going to cornwall and France. Looking forward to the new advert!!!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 11th 2013

gromitsbuddyinginventor- have safe trip there!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 18th 2013

It'll be great to see the new advert, im going to california myself

jrp6 Posted: Apr 19th 2013

Hope they are going to Monkton Wyld - I am! Plenty of cheeese across the border

Jose Antonio Posted: May 10th 2013

awesome

drstone Posted: May 14th 2013

Perfect, i guess i have to pick up some Blue Stilton Chees on my next trip to England

Corkieblaze Posted: Jun 7th 2013

I normally go to either Devon or the lovely Blackpool.
I am going to Blackpool this year to ride the new Wallace & Gromit ride and it isn't far away because I live half an hour away from there. Still a great resort though.

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.