Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » ~* THE DOCTOR WHO SERIES 7 THREAD *~

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 53 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
timmythesheep848 Posted: Mar 31st 2013

It's back!
The Doctor and his new companion Clara crashed back onto our screens last night.
But what did you think?
Current Episode: Rings of Akhaten

Series 6 Thread:    http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/47419/9
After "something awesome" on her first TARDIS trip, Clara (Jenna-Louise Coleman) is whisked away to an alien bazaar but both she and her new Time Lord chum (Matt Smith) soon find themselves caught up in an ancient ritual that could have devastating consequences for the universe...

Doctor Who continues on BBC One on Saturday (April 6) at 6.15pm.

Episode Preview
Next Episode: Cold War

And one more Reserve

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Mar 31st 2013

Why does the pic say akhaten and u said akhenten? Which one is it?

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Mar 31st 2013

Dr Who was amazing! It even managed to get my little brother and sister interested!')">')">

Nathan M Posted: Mar 31st 2013

Doctor who is epic, been a fan for many years now and I think its in its prime at the moment, really looking forward to more episodes

wandgfanatic Posted: Mar 31st 2013

I thought The Bells of Saint John was ace!  The storyline was great too!  

Whoops typo!
What do we think of Clara? 

mmasonghi studios Posted: Mar 31st 2013

I think shes gonna be cool.

Bambooski Posted: Mar 31st 2013

It was so good! I loved the Jammy Dodgers bit...yum... *drools*

Ehhh, Clara was ok. 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Mar 31st 2013

I enjoyed it, if the series carries on like this  then we'll be in for one of the best in a long time

timmythesheep848 Posted: Apr 1st 2013

I think it had a very different feeling to it.
David Tennant and Billie Piper to return for 50th Anniversary

The BBC has today revealed some of the all-star cast that will mark the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.  David Tennant and Billie Piper will join current Doctor and companion, Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman, while John Hurt (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Alien, Harry Potter) will also co-star.

Last seen as the Doctor on January 1st 2010, this will be the first time Tennant has reprised his role as the Tenth Doctor.  During his reign as the Time Lord, Tennant appeared in three series as well as several specials.  He was first revealed as the Doctor in the 2005 series finale, ‘The Parting of the Ways’.

Meanwhile Billie Piper, who played companion Rose Tyler for two series following the reboot in 2005, will appear in the show for the first time since featuring in Tennant’s last episode, ‘The End of Time’ in 2010.

Full story- http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/DOCTOR-WHO-ANNOUNCES-ALL-STAR-CAST-FOR-50th-ANNIVERSARY

daisychimp Posted: Apr 1st 2013

omg I love doctor who!
the first episode was ok, but it wasnt so good in my opinion cause there werent many monstery scary actiony bits!
clara sounds brill.  

PeaceandBiscuits Posted: Apr 5th 2013

Oh my gosh, the last episode was amazing! It's such a cool idea...
I've got to admit the last series seriously spooked me out at points. :s
x

P.S. yeah, I'm back... although I'm pretty rubbish, I want to stay but I'll probably be gone soon. :( 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 5th 2013

I think its great they're bringing back the ice warriors, considering they're one of the best classic dr who monsters

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 6th 2013

I was very dissapoonted personally with tonights episode, it was just not exciting and didnt have a good enough story. Probably in my top 3 of the worst dr who episodes since it returned in 2005.

top 3:
love and monsters
rings of akhaten
A christmas carol

what did everyone else think of it? 

wandgfanatic Posted: Apr 6th 2013

The Rings of Akhaten wasn't as good as The Bells of Saint John. The story was more complicated than last week's. The ritual storyline was confusing.  At least we saw a glimpse of Clara's life,  I wonder what her story is...

daisychimp Posted: Apr 6th 2013

OMG I have a theory!!!
look at this photo!

clara is the doctors daughter because they both have the same chair!
the doctors daughter could regenerate and turn into Clara and time travel so she could turn into the Victorian Christmas one!!

PeaceandBiscuits Posted: Apr 8th 2013

Do you really not like Love and Mosters, Techno? It's like my favourite episode! The absorbalof is SOOOO cool!
I kinda like complicated storylines. It makes it more interesting. I loved the latest episode, the script was great, the little girl was a great actor, the aliens were just AWESOME, although the songs weren't very good. :P

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 8th 2013

Love and monsters was awful,
the abzorbaloff was a bit stupid and the actual kid's design looked better
it seemed like too much of a joke
the bit at the end with the slab was ridiculous
and the dr and rose were barely even in it 

it is my least favourite episode of all time, it was just terrible. I have seen it many times but still feel the same about it, i have it on dvd but thats only because its on the same disc as the impossible planet and the satan pit which i loved.

i have watched dr who since it restarted in 2005 and have been a huge fan ever since, i own almost every episode since then on dvd, im only missing three specials i think. So i have been through all the episodes many times and in my opinion  that was the worst.

daisychimp Posted: Apr 9th 2013

I'm affraid to say that I didn't really like that one savey! :S

timmythesheep848 Posted: Apr 10th 2013

This episode was alright it wasn't awful but was forgettable a bit similar to The Beast Below a couple of years ago. Love & Monsters was worse that episode was just ...
Anyway Clara's mother died on 5th March 2005 the date of the Auton Invasion in Rose 

50th Anniversary shooting continues in London!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017gl8h

Londoners were treated to the sight of a flying TARDIS swooping over Trafalgar Square this morning as Matt Smith and the team were in town shooting more scenes for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special.

Hey guys!
If you are ever on the Shaun Forum don't forget to vist the SJA club to discuss Doctor Who!
Its been going strong since 2009 and has over 50 pages
 http://www.shaunthesheep.com/forum/read/40403/4

PeaceandBiscuits Posted: Apr 15th 2013

I'm alone then. :) Ahhhh well. I'm not gonna argue with people about this, you're all entitiles to your own opinion. I just like funny episodes of Doctor Who (as well as most of the others) because loads of episodes now are scary and I'm quite squeamish, so… urm… Yeah, I don't really like scary things. I get scared easily.But I still love Doctor Who! BEST PROGRAMME EVER! :D

Bambooski Posted: Apr 15th 2013

OK, wait, I'm confused. I've seen Bells of Saint John, Rings of Akhaten, and Cold War. Was Clara in anything before that? I am missing something here... :|

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 15th 2013

Yea, she was in the christmas episode and asylum of the daleks

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 15th 2013

Timmythesheep needs to update this thread soon

Bambooski Posted: Apr 16th 2013

Oh ok thanks

Nathan M Posted: Apr 19th 2013

Hide looks good and I am looking forward to journey to the centre of the tardis!

Bambooski Posted: Apr 19th 2013

So do we know why Clara was in Asylum as a sort of time traveller/totally different person then she seems to be when she becomes a full time companion? I haven't seen the Xmas special yet.

Gromits little bro Posted: Apr 19th 2013

No we do not, I expect that to be in the series finale or even the fiftieth special

Nathan M Posted: Apr 20th 2013

Clara story will be amazing :D 

Bambooski Posted: Apr 20th 2013

Yeah I am excited!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 20th 2013

What did everybody think of the last episode, hide?

i thought it was fairly good personally 

wandgfanatic Posted: Apr 21st 2013

Yeah, it was really good.  I thought it was the best since The Bells of Saint John.  The story was really good, however I wanted to see more of the monsters/aliens at the end.  

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 21st 2013

is there a book of doctor who?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 21st 2013

If you mean fiction novels then yes there's loads, if you mean about the whow and how they made it amd stuff then yes there's some of them too

Bambooski Posted: Apr 21st 2013

Honestly I didn't really like this last episode. I felt that Clara is getting poorly scripted...

Im not too big a fan of clara at the moment myself, i only like her in some episodes

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 21st 2013

is there a relation of doctor who and james bond?  

What do you mean?

if you mean what i think then no 

Gromits little bro Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

Does anyone know why the TARDIS got redesigned this year? Do people like it?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

did they got together in a film?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

maybe a joke film but otherwise no

I quite like the new tardis, however i did like it how it was not sure why it got redesigned. Maybe they just thought new companion, new tardis?

wandgfanatic Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

that's what i thought also.  I quite like the doctors home language on top.

Ye me too, what i do really think is good is how it is a mixture of several different previous tardises

Nathan M Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

Anyone else realise this

PeaceandBiscuits Posted: Apr 23rd 2013

I didn't realise that, but now you mention it...
Otherwise, I think the episode was really good. The suspense was great and the telepathic person (can't remember her name) was well cast. But the end was a bit abrupt and there were loads of things that needed to be tied up. I was a bit disappointed by the end really. :(

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.