Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ARMATURE OF WALLACE AND GROMIT?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 16 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 16.
Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 13th 2012

I have a little idea about Wallace's armature framework but Gromit's i do not even know how. Does anybody know?

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 13th 2012

gromit has 3 armatures, ball and socket ones, but you can easily make wire ones, I do.

When Gromit is standing, he has an armature like wallace's, when on all fours he has an armature like this: and when sitting I think he may just have ball and socket joints in his arms and neck, e.g. nothing else needs to move.  Hope this helps.

Sorry the pics didn't work

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 13th 2012

How do you make armature for gromit which is made of wire like aluminum wire?

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 14th 2012

Depends weather you want him to stand, sit, or be on all fours, then I can help you further.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 16th 2012

I like to make him stand and on all fours. How can i do that? Thanks!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 16th 2012

I see in other tutorials they twist the wire. When you twist the wire will it be harder to move the clay model?

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 16th 2012

Twist two pieces for the spine, and then bring the shoulders and legs out of th  those same pieces. Do not cut! It would be advisable to glue gun where the spine meets the legs.

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 16th 2012

Don't understand? just ask

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 17th 2012

Like this? I dont understand the parts to twist. Twisting you mean is getting a piece of wire fold it in half then then twist the whole?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 17th 2012

??????

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 20th 2012

I tried making one. Here.

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 20th 2012

You've got it! 
  I made hundreds of the things before I got it right... My desk is piling up with wire armatures!

My advice would be just to experiment, and if the legs are too stiff then just try again. As I said, I didn't get it right first time.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Nov 23rd 2012

Thank you very much could not have did it without you! Thanks!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.