Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT AT BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Aug 15th 2012

It’s time to hold on tight as Wallace & Gromit have a brand new ride opening at Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

The duo will soon be unveiling their new ride, the ‘Thrillo-O-Matic’ which will go on a journey through each of the inventive pair’s adventures including going on A Grand Day Out, having a run in with The Wrong Trousers, taking A Close Shave and dealing with A Matter of Loaf and Death!
Artist's impression of the Thrill-O-Matic!
Artist's impression of the new Wallace & Gromit Thrill-O-Matic ride!

The cracking new family ride is due to open at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2013 and will also feature lots of your favourite characters from all the Wallace & Gromit animations!

Cracking Competition!
To celebrate Wallace & Gromit's new ride at Blackpool we are giving you a chance to win a family day ticket for 4 to Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

To enter, we want you to draw or model your own cracking theme park ride and upload it to our creations section! The competition will run for one month until 15th September and soon after this date we will announce the winner! See below for terms and conditions.

Terms & Conditions
The prize is a family pass to include 4 people (containing at least one adult) and does not include travel or accommodation, the voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, all wristbands to be used on the same day, only the original voucher will be accepted, the voucher has no cash equivalent. Wristbands issued will and must be placed upon the right wrist of all guests only by Pleasure Beach Blackpool staff and once removed will become instantly invalid. For security reasons an invisible stamp may be placed on the back of guests’ hands
Terms and conditions apply. Non-transferable and not for re-sale. Child classed as aged 2 to 11 years.

kld loves wallace for eva Posted: Aug 15th 2012

is any age will be aloud on this ride even though am from scotland i so wanna go on that 

jordan Posted: Aug 15th 2012

Wow will this be the first ever theme park ride i will go on XD! :)

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Aug 15th 2012

wow, looks amazing! I've got a news article in my W&G scrapbook from 2010 when they first announced there was going to be a ride.

Nathan M Posted: Aug 15th 2012

Looks amazing! :)

kieran Posted: Aug 17th 2012

Looks great i wonder what the ride will be like.

evastar7 Posted: Aug 19th 2012

wow looks great i am sure i will to go on that.

wallace05man Posted: Aug 20th 2012

The best chracters ever in the best theme park ever!

wandgfanatic Posted: Sep 13th 2012

That looks brilliant!  

timmythesheep848 Posted: Feb 3rd 2013

Wallace & Gromit might make unlikely superheroes, but this spring the pair will ride to the rescue of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

The worst summer weather in 100 years in 2012 meant that the 42-acre leisure park fell short of expected takings.

Directors of the park, which was founded in 1896, said the poor weather was the main reason for the shortfall, though the number of visitors was actually up. 

This was helped in part by the first full year of Nickelodeon Land, a six-acre site with 12 rides featuring Nickelodeon characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.

Now the park, which is run by Amanda Thompson, great-granddaughter of founder William Bean, is preparing for the launch of the Wallace & Gromit-themed Thrill-O-Matic ride.

The four minute fully enclosed ride is scheduled to open in April.

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.