Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT AT THE BBC PROMS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 18 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 18.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 24th 2012

It’s not long until Wallace & Gromit’s first Proms extravaganza, which happens at the Albert Hall this Sunday!

To celebrate we have some fun Proms facts and a cracking competition!

Wallace will be unveiling his musical marvel, ‘Concerto in Ee Lad’ and performing in front of an excited crowd in London. The special new Prom animation took 5 months to make, that’s a lot of animating!  

Here are some more fun facts about the production...

•    There were 5 main animators working for 7 weeks across 8 units.
•    5 Wallace’s and 6 Gromit’s were used, one of which was specifically made so he could sit down.
•    40 crew members worked on the job in total doing model making, animating and post production.
•    The set was made so it could break apart and be used in different units, so that animators could be working on different parts of the production all at the same time.
•    50kg of modelling clay was used!

You can listen to Sunday’s Prom on BBC 3, and it will also be broadcast on television later this summer! For more about the Wallace & Gromit Proms, visit the BBC Proms website.

Win a Signed Book!

To celebrate the Wallace & Gromit Proms, we are holding a special musical themed creations competition for one week, where you could win a Cracking Animations book signed by Nick Park! Just draw or model a musical or proms themed Wallace & Grmoit creation to be in with a chance of winning!

Upload your musical masterpiece to the creations gallery before the end of Tuesday 31st July to be in with a chance of winning this cracking prize!

cleasby99 Posted: Jul 24th 2012

what do you mean by a musical masterpiece???

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 24th 2012

Hi cleasby99, sorry if that wasn't too clear. We would like you to make a proms or musical themed Wallace and Gromit creation :)

Fionah Posted: Jul 24th 2012

Is this going to be on tv?

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jul 24th 2012

Can't wait to enter!!

yianni Posted: Jul 25th 2012

like the one i won creation of the month with?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Jul 26th 2012

I am going to make one right now before it's to late!

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 26th 2012

This will be a signed book yianni!

Remember, you only have until Tuesday eveyone so get drawing your musical Wallace & Gromit artwork and then upload!

skalouis Posted: Jul 26th 2012

What time will it be on BBC 3?

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 27th 2012

Check the BBC website here for broadcasting details skalouis! http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whats-on/2012/july-29/14312

alibongob Posted: Jul 28th 2012

what are the proms ?

oleksii Posted: Jul 28th 2012

We have tried twice to upload our artwork, but it doesn't appear
Is it because of days off and it will be published on Monday?

malibu barbie Posted: Jul 28th 2012

do u just upload it as usual

Devi Fitri Krisrera Posted: Jul 29th 2012

Wow!

w500 Posted: Aug 3rd 2012

Is their a video available of their apperance on the proms? - I can only find the radio version on BBC iPlayer.

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Aug 3rd 2012

@w500 it has been recorded but they are going to show it later this summer on tv. 

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Aug 6th 2012

w500 - as gromitsbuddyinginventor says, the full performance will be shown on television soon. We'll tell you as soon as we have more info!

eddie4184 Posted: Aug 30th 2012

I saw the AWSOME proms

Wallace had a great piano in the end and the music was played beautifuly
eddie4184
please send buddy requests
I have no buddies
I will send the first one a gift...

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.