Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » A SPECIAL VISIT AT AARDMAN

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 4 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 4.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 12th 2012

The Make a Wish Foundation teamed up with Aardman to make a very special wish happen for lifelong Wallace & Gromit fan, Shogo Shirasaki.

Shogo, now 15, has been a huge fan of the eccentric inventor and his trusty dog since he was 2 and has always wanted to meet their creator, Nick Park. He has a condition which means he will soon lose his sight, so the Make a Wish Foundation made Shogo’s wish come true, and he flew over from Japan to visit the Aardman Studios!

After arriving at Aardman, Shogo and his parents went to the studio floor to see Wallace & Gromit animation in production! The team showed him how they animate and he got to see the puppets and props close up! 

We caught up with Shogo in Nick Park’s office after his tour, to see how he was feeling about meeting one of his idols...

Kirsten: What has been your favourite part of your day here at Aardman?
Shogo: It has to be meeting Nick!

Kirsten: How do you feel now you have met one of your idols?
Shogo: Very overwhelmed right now...

Kirsten: What is it that you like so much about Wallace & Gromit?
Shogo: I really like the humorous relationship between them.

Kirsten: Finally, if you had to pick, which would be your favourite character out of the pair?
Shogo: I think it would be Gromit because he is clever and very cute!

Shogo was also excited to have the chance to ask Nick to draw anything he liked during his visit. He chose to ask for a drawing of himself with Gromit, shown in the picture above!

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jun 12th 2012

That's so nice!! My favourite is gromit too! Woooo, wallace and gromit save the day!! 
i have my Japanese exam tomorrow too, what a coincidence!! 

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 14th 2012

That's a really nice story! Shame about Shogo's health though :(

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jul 11th 2012

That's a very nice story. Prayers to  Shogo and his family.

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.