Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » SPREAD THE WORD TO END THE WORD

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 47 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 47.
harryboy8080 Posted: May 26th 2012

Thank you, Aardman Staff, for making the R word no-longer able to be posted. But, I still see people writing it on this site with two d's (retardedd) and it really makes me sad. Whoever you are, please stop.

puppylove Posted: May 26th 2012

??? huh? what u talking?

cheesehead302 Posted: May 26th 2012

U know how if u say some words the moderation team removes it. He's talkin about they added the R word to that list of words.

mmasonghi studios Posted: May 26th 2012

I'm am truley sorry about that Harry 

harryboy8080 Posted: May 26th 2012

It's ok mmasonghi studios. You were just replying to someone else who said it. I'm not mad.

puppylove Posted: May 26th 2012

harryboy8080 Posted: May 27th 2012

Puppylove, you're relatively new to this site so you didn't really know, either. It's alright, just don't do it again, please.

puppylove Posted: May 27th 2012

cant promise but ill try t5o avoid it.. but... im not new to the site... i got here in setember from last year. and... i dont see why the word retardedd is a curse word...

harryboy8080 Posted: May 28th 2012

Because my cousin is severely autistic and I have aspergers syndrome. It's incredibly offensive.

puppylove Posted: May 28th 2012

dont take it personal then. ignore whatever i say and dont take it the personal way. thats the best u can do so u dont feel to hurt.

Gromits little bro Posted: May 28th 2012

Why is everyone suddenyl reporting everyone?

What if someone starts a thread about why it's offensive to call someone retardedd, would that be blocked because of the word used?
It's all about context and until people realise that, the vocabulary on this website is going to revert to that of a 5 year old.
This rant isn't actually about me saying retardedd should be used, I find it extremely distressing, along with the uses of the word spasticc, to hear someone called that.
This rant is about me saying that I am actually fed up with the way people have overreacted in the past to everyday words, like when puppylove said "I suck  

" and her being threatened to be reported. It's just ludicrous. Can't we all jsut calm down and stop overreacting? And harryboy8080 I do agree with you on this word, it's vile and isn't an acceptable term to refer to people with.

cheesehead302 Posted: May 28th 2012

I know, like all of a sudden people are reporting people for the most tiny things. It's starting to get on my nerves.

I didn't report anyone, I wanted to let you guys know. Thanks for agreeing with me, GLB.

Gromits little bro Posted: May 28th 2012

I didn't think you had, it just seemed like a similar situtation :)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: May 28th 2012

i get why u find it offensive but my cousin is autistic and i don't care, i even say it myself

puppylove Posted: May 28th 2012

yeah! what is it with everyone putting the height on ME! specially ME! like that ridiculouse threat banjo boy made about josh hucherson!!! i HAD a reason to curse him causr that really got me very ngry and upset!!!>-<. i didnt fell for the childish prank but i still was really hurt inside. its like making fun of him and making fun of me for loving him so much. NOT FUNNY! i learnd my lesson thought. next time, ill repourt IMMIDIETLY insted of hrming myself with cursing. i get alot of u probably dislike me in this site because of the way i am and because i have a strong attitude.maybe i should really just leave this site to leave u all alone.  no one likes me in real life to anyways. 

ps: i am REALLY crying right now. 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: May 28th 2012

i don't get why people wouldn't like you

Puppylove, no one DOSEN'T like you, you seem nice, funloving, and outgoing. You're a great contribution to this community. :]

mmasonghi studios Posted: May 28th 2012

ditto to Harry

cheesehead302 Posted: May 28th 2012

Yeh dude dont leave!

yianni Posted: May 29th 2012

puppylove please dooooooooon't leave!!!!

you are sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!! and an  awesome buddy!!!

puppylove Posted: May 29th 2012

:/. i dont really know what to think anymore.+

msolter Posted: May 30th 2012

I find the word R offensive because I have mental disorder which is getting worse now. Please don't call anyone retarted, it's not nice

msolter Posted: May 30th 2012

Harryboy, what is asperges? Mine is severe so I won't talk about it. But I am not handicapped, so I can communicate and do ordinary things most of the time

puppylove Posted: May 30th 2012

i suggest not because of me, once again, because of your dayly life, to not take it personal if ur really offended by the rerm. ive known people in my life with mental disorders that where treated normaly and where also treatede but most of the ones i meet where those that know their problems and take advantage of then. they can do whatever they want to u and u cant do a thing about it(that how they think at least).thats my suggestion to u. another would be: accept things and dont try to get any benefits because people wount like u. u can be like ian hecox and not care.(guy from smosh) yes, he has some mental disorders.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 30th 2012

He has ADHD. That's not as bad as aspergers.

Msolter, aspergers is a mild form of autism.

he who exacly?

harryboy8080 Posted: May 30th 2012

Ian Hecox.

ah. i dont know the difference between metal problems k! VP

Banjo Boy Posted: Jun 4th 2012

If ya'll don't like getting reported, then just don't say what you know will get you reported. P.S.: Puppylove, get over yourself!

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 5th 2012

How about you don't report people for no real reason?

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 5th 2012

Banjo Boy, you really didn't need to say that when everything was long past and done.

puppylove Posted: Jun 5th 2012

YEAH!!! true chiz!!! glb, harryboy, u guys are awesome! thanks! i guess there are people who like me in this site afterall

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 5th 2012

I do, despite our previous arguments :)

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 5th 2012

Ditto

puppylove Posted: Jun 5th 2012

^w^

gromitomatic Posted: Jun 11th 2012

HEY puppy love, i'm asperger  and I buddied you.
hOPE YOU ACCEPT

puppylove Posted: Jun 11th 2012

whats asperger? is that your real name?

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 11th 2012

Aspergers is a disorder similar to autism

puppylove Posted: Jun 11th 2012

wich is... a mental disability?

According to a quick Google search, it's a developmental disorder, to quote its correct definition, although I think it would be fair to say that it's a mental disability. 

yianni Posted: Jun 11th 2012

hey gromits little bro are you from australia???

No, the uk, why?

yianni Posted: Jun 11th 2012

were on at the adsact same time wanna chat on my new post taaaaalllllllkkkk?

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 13th 2012

Banjoboy- please don't provoke other members of the site with messages that will offend or upset them.

Puppylove - we can't allow swearing on the site as you know. You've been warned about this before so this is a final warning before we'll have to put your messages on moderation.

The house rules are here if either of you need to read them again http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/16

puppylove Posted: Jun 13th 2012

just the messages or.. me? u can delete any message that u find offensive if u want and everything is cool for now between everyone. please dont kick me out of the site

puppylove Posted: Jun 13th 2012

and i didnt curse once in this threat!! i just read my comments!!!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.