Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » AARDMANS GARDEN GNOMES

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 13th 2012

In all of the aardman films gnomes have appeared it a close shave you saw that gnome holding a go sign, a gnome fell from a patch of vegetables and they had cameos in the wrong trouser and a matter of loaf and death. In Shaun the sheep they have cameos constantly. And in chicken run ginger had a gnome andn there are other gnomes in the film. Are garden gnomes a big thing in the uk? Does nick park have gnomes that inspired him to put gnomes in the films?

Rhian38 Posted: Feb 13th 2012

Also there is one gnome in chicken run at the beginning and the dog crunches it up while growling really loudly like this. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 13th 2012

I saw that too. But in the aardman films they get broke a lot. Like in the show the farmers niece broke and and the farmers girlfriend ran over one

Clay Fighter Posted: Feb 14th 2012

haha, I never realised!
But, Gnomes are awesome!!

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 15th 2012

I know! I did not realise it either until i saw them have cameos in every film. I guess gnomes are really cute to have in your yard. But i don't have any.

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Feb 24th 2012

They aren't really a big thing here, it's not asthough everybody has one but they are very well known and Wallace is exactly the kind of person who would collect garden gnomes. They are also quite a iconic british thing so that fits in with the whole 50's/60's post-war Britain feel of the Wallace and Gromit world.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 24th 2012

i agree as most british people don't hav a garden gnome

iantimothy Posted: Feb 24th 2012

I have a small gnome collection.

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 26th 2012

In The Wrong Trousers there was a statue that had a head and face like , you know wheen comes home from his walk?

AListu Posted: Mar 6th 2012

Gnomes tend to be linked to people who are considered a little bit eccentic. At least that's how I look at them. Not everyone has gnomes in their gardens but there is something fascinating about them. Cheery little people to help look after your garden.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.