Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » DO YOU PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 70 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
wallace05man Posted: Jan 11th 2012

i was wondering which users play an instrument and if so what instruments to they play?
i play guitar, piano and drums but what do you play?

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jan 11th 2012

Piano and trombone!!!

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 11th 2012

I play baritone(sounds like trombone) and my New year's Resulution is to learn how to play my ocarina. {the notes are really hard to read]

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jan 12th 2012

I play the djembe(a skin-covered drum played with bare hands) and i want to learn how to play a stringed instrument e.g. guitar, mandolin, ukulele |-)

wallace05man Posted: Jan 12th 2012

i used to play ocarina but i wasn't very good so i stopped lessons and started piano instead

Pink-Muffin Posted: Jan 12th 2012

I play the guitar but we´ve got a keyboard at home, so I play piano a little bit;)

wallace05man Posted: Jan 12th 2012

cool, what make is your keyboard because it might be the same as minne;)

puppylove Posted: Jan 13th 2012

i hate instriments!in my school and it had to me MY class that is the ONLY class that play instruments in my school so im OBLYGATED to play the saxophone. yeaH I LEARD A COPLE OF SONGS AND I ADMIT THAT THE SOUND IS NICE BUT ITS TO hard AND TO MUCH work!!!!!!!!!WHY CAN THEY MAKE US SING INSTED LIKE THE 7TH GRADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better and easy!:-(

puppylove Posted: Jan 13th 2012

instuments

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 13th 2012

I don't know, baritones easy, it only has 3 keys. My freinds say trombone is esy, too.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 20th 2012

i play the ukelele

i also play the keyboard

i used to play the guitar and the basoon

....................hi

wallace05man Posted: Jan 20th 2012

evastar7 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

wow puppylove calm down! :O

puppylove Posted: Feb 16th 2012

i am calm i just hate playing like personally instruments

Rhian38 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

I play cello :D
@ cheesehead302 do you play for a brass band then coz my mam plays baritone and she's in Ynyshir band

mk7 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

I play bass guitar. I also am in the school chorus and the All County Chorus

evastar7 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

wow you must have good talent! :)

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

I sing Alto and Soprano (depends on the song) in choir at church, and I play Piano, Organ, Tin Whistle, Dulcimer, Xylophone, Chimes, and Handbells (pretty much anything chromatic) by ear.

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

I play the piano, guitar, 5-string banjo, autoharp, jaw harp, and ukulele. I hope to add more as time goes on.

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 24th 2012

If needed, I can also play the following (but not as well as the six above): handbells, drums, spoons, bass, and mandolin. I hope to get better at those last three over time, but I don't own any of them.

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 24th 2012

Oh yeah... I can sing too.

cityslickerfarmhand Posted: Feb 26th 2012

oboe (started in 4th grade age 8 or so) and English horn, but they're really same fingering so no outstanding feat. HAVEN'T played in awhile, so likely embouchure is non-existent. Started piano maybe 1st or 2d grade, but after family moved to new state after 3 years' lessons, unable to find suitable similar piano teacher, and one I was "assigned" was so bad at encouragement/teaching, drove me FROM Piano, and now can't even read bass clef without reading line-by-line "Great Big Dogs Eat Animals" (G B D E A for bass clef lines) -- no longer can simply "read" a note as with treble clef (of the oboe and English horn). HAVE picked up a small electronic keyboard at a jumble sale store, but mostly it just "sits" :O (I should at least fuss with it a bit!

cheesehead302 Posted: Feb 27th 2012

Rhian: uuuhhh the way the bands set up at school is like brass, low brass, woodwinds, and that other music group I can't think of at the moment :/

cheesehead302 Posted: Feb 27th 2012

Could be a couple more, not sure.

coocoo99947 Posted: Feb 28th 2012

key board piano and drums im a perrcussionist;)

puppylove Posted: Feb 28th 2012

i thought u cant use real names in the site :-| not fair!:-(

aiden szewczyk Posted: Feb 28th 2012

i play the DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):-(|):D

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 13th 2012

hi,
I play Guitar,piano,harmonica,ukulele,flute and a djembe drum.
I want to learn the banjo and mandolin.;)

Banjo Boy Posted: Mar 13th 2012

Hey ThatGuy! A little tip on learning the banjo... There are two ways of picking it: the old way is called clawhammer and the modern way is called Scruggs-style. Clawhammer is much easier and I recommend learning it first and Scruggs-style later. I wish I had known that when I started!

puppylove Posted: Mar 13th 2012

u accualy play the banjo!!!:O that like number 3 in the list of most annoying instruments ever! the 1st is the bagpipe

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 13th 2012

Thanks Banjo Boy!
I already knew about clawhammering( I use it on guitar).But I didn't know about Scruggs. so, thanks!...Now all I need to do is get my hands on a banjo. Do you know if GoodTime Banjos are any good?

@Puppylove
I love the bagpipes!:D

ok... your definetly a hillbilly cause there is no other way u could like the banjo and bagpipe:O

wallace05man Posted: Mar 13th 2012

puppylove, you really know how to please people don't you :-|

>:-)

i keed

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 14th 2012

... :-| ........ LOL :D

The pipes are a Scottish instrument not hillbilly;)

puppylove Posted: Mar 14th 2012

but the banjo is. that the hill billy part. wait... are u accually hillbilly???:O:-|

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 15th 2012

....Umm....:-| ......
... no. I just like the banjo.

check these out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGg38_QzOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jLJ5mhgVw4

Banjo Boy Posted: Mar 15th 2012

Nice vids, That Guy! In "Awaken My Soul", the banjoist was playing Scruggs-style. I've done a lot of research on bluegrass and banjo, so I'm a never-ending info machine! Obsessed? Probably. I'm originally from Florida, but I'd like to be a hillbilly. Have you ever heard of Earl Scruggs? He's the one who made up Scruggs-style picking. You should definitely learn it, but clawhammer's good for starting out. By the way, puppylove, I love the bagpipes! It's on my list of instruments to learn. Scruggs-picking is so fun on guitar! And it's not bad on autoharp either! Yeah, I play that too.

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 15th 2012

So that's Scruggs? I already play that on guitar! :D The banjo should be quite easy to learn.

Banjo Boy Posted: Mar 15th 2012

It's a little harder than it looks, but once you've got the hang of it, you can do all sorts of tricks and things. Hope you get your banjo soon!

yianni Posted: Apr 29th 2012

i play guitar piano trumpet cornet base beugle and alot more!!!!!!!!!

lalsuta Posted: Oct 8th 2012

I am rally happy after read everyone post, really awesome and don't forget to check out the following for banjo tablature....
http://www.laynepublications.com/banjo-tabs

Gromits little bro Posted: Oct 9th 2012

Is mayonaise an instrument? :P

mmasonghi studios Posted: Oct 9th 2012

STYLOPHONE! I play the sylophone!

wallace05man Posted: Oct 12th 2012

lol GLB

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Oct 19th 2012

I play the violin and the piano.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Oct 19th 2012

Yianni you're good!!!! 

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.