ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » SMOOTHING PLASTICINE

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There is 1 reply to this discussion. Why not add another?
CrackerzandCheez Posted: Mar 1st 2011

Hey Guys! Just wondering, does anyone have any really good, effective techniques to smooth plasticine? I use Newplast by the way, and even when its really warm, when I smooth my finger over it, it just turns a different colour. (Also, if your just going to say "Van Aken is way better" then don't bother commenting, because I like Newplast! :) )

Also, how do you guys make furniture, made a lot of stuff from cardboard, balsa wood, and just wanted to know if I'm missing something?

By the way, making a little short with a character 'monster' (I suppose?) so that should be on in a week or so?? (Dont hold me to that!!)

Cheers, any answer is appreciated, as long as it isn't "Van Aken is better!" because I've heard enough! ;)

Thanks Guys! CrackerzandCheez

P.S Here is my 'monster' guy! :D

Ellie M Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 7th 2011

Hi CrackerzandCheez-
I was told recently by Gareth Owen (Shaun the Sheep Series Producer) that the best way to smooth your clay is to use either a wet wipe or (disgustingly) spit. Apparently you just need a little spit, rather than soaking your model in it. That would be extra disgusting. It's probably healthier to use the wet wipe option!
Aardman gets huge deliveries of wet wipes at the same time as the clay :).
So there you go- a little tip from an insider!

Hope that helps!

And why not enter your models into the Your Creations competition? It would be great to see them!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.