Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » RECOMMENDED CAMERAS FOR STOP MOTION

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 13 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 13.
tiptopgolfy Posted: Oct 30th 2010

can anyone tell me some good cheap cameras for stop motion as I would like to get a better quality camera for my stop motion
Thanks
Tiptopgolfy

NeilK Posted: Oct 30th 2010

Hmm.... I'm not so sure about the preferable cameras for stop motion. But I know some characteristics about cameras that might help.

It's not the resolution or zoom that matters, but rather the more technical items. Like the shutter speed, saturation, and and any features to remove blur and reflections.You'll be looking for consistency between shots after all.

In most modern cameras, these are all accessable, and can be changed from the menu. :) The main thing is to find one you are comfortable with using, check some Youtube reviews of cameras, and visit your local electrical store to try some out. I hope this helps. :)

kldceltic Posted: Oct 30th 2010

i am sure aardman will tell him that too neilk on monday;)

iantimothy Posted: Oct 30th 2010

How cheap is cheap to you? if you arent willing to spend probably $150 then you might not be able to get a camera with manual settings, which means that it will change every time you take a shot.

tiptopgolfy Posted: Oct 31st 2010

well cheap would probably be from 0 to 100 pound as i have found a great camera within that range which they use for lego films but for some reason they dont sell it anywhere!!

666joshy666 Posted: Oct 31st 2010

Save up for a mini-dv camcorder. If you want to go very high-end then go for the Canon 1000d or the Canon 550d. Hope this helps! :D:D

tiptopgolfy Posted: Oct 31st 2010

what would be the requirements of the camera if i wanted to do stop motion?

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 1st 2010

I'd probably say the fundamental thing is a connection with the computer. All cameras should nowadays. I really should get a new one because I use a massive 10 year old one, but it works ok and I don't have the money to splash out on a nice HD camera. I couldn't believe the size of the current cameras when I saw them, they are about 1/3 the size of mine! :P

Good luck in finding one, sorry I can't be of much help!

tiptopgolfy Posted: Nov 1st 2010

thanks chocachoc!!

PoisonIvy Posted: Nov 18th 2010

Manual focus is very important for stop-motion.

tiptopgolfy Posted: Nov 19th 2010

thanks

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 13th 2012

I have a iPad would it do nicely for animation

harryboy8080 Posted: Feb 13th 2012

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000

Under $50

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.