GENERAL CHAT » Q&A
Hello! Here I will answer your questions about the W&G site, and in the following there is be a list of the most important questions!
It can help new users of this great site for a better orientation or to get to know information faster! Enjoy....and tell me your questions, I'll answer every questions!
1. Your Creations
2. Problems with the site
4. More about Aardman
5. W&G related sites
1. Your Creations
What is "Your Creations"?
It is a monthly competition where the users of this site can take part with self-drawn pitures, self-made modells or short films. There are prizes for the winners, which are announced at the end of each month.
I've drawn a W&G related picture but don't know where to upload it!
You have to go to the upload site of Your Creations. There you can upload a picture or give the link to a video you've made.
I've uploaded a picture at the Your Creations upload site but I can't see it in the Gallery!
It takes some time until the picture can be seen by everyone in the Gallery. That is because the Aardman Staff has to aprove the picture before it can be seen. And that takes some time, normally one day, but if there is a weekend it won't be up until Monday!
I've taken part in last months Your Creations competition and now I want to know if I've won something.
The winners of the last month are announced at the beginning of the next month. There is made a special thread for that by KirstenW or katie in the News-Part of this site. Sometimes it takes some time until the winners are announced but have a look there, then you'll see it!
I'm not living in GB but want to take part in the competition! Can I do that?
It's equal where you're living, you can take part in every competition at this site!
What do I have to mind when uploading a picture to Your Creations?
You have to mind for example the correct size or data type. For more information see this Thread
2. Problems with the site
I've got some problems with a user at this site. Now I want to talk to someone of the Aardman Team of this site!
There is a E-Mail address extra for such things:
There you can write, if you're worried about something. For more information read this post
You also have the option to report abuse by using the report button in the post you are worried about. It is the right button of the two/three button which are shwon in every post!
I want to buy some W&G toys, but not at Amazon. Is there any other chance to buy them?
Yes, there is. you only have to go to the W&G section in the Aardstore
I want to recieve the W&G newsletter. What do I have to do?
You only have to go to the Newsletter Registration site and fill in everything. If you aren't registered at this site you first will have to do that here.
Where do I find Wallpapers of W&G?
You only have to go to "Downloads" in the left part of this site and then you fin the Wallpapers. Now you only have to click at S, M or L to download the Wallpaper in the size you want!
Where do I find Wallpapers of the W&G Film "The curse of the Were-Rabbit"?
At the moment there are no Wallpapers of this film offered at this Wallace & Gromit site. But there is a site in the Web where you can find some: OutNow
I want to buy the W&G game. But I don't know where to get it.
You can't buy it at this site but at the site of Telltale Games
There you can buy single "episodes" of the game, or the whole game!
4. More about Aardman
What is Aardman?
Aardman is the "company" behind all those things. Some of their most famous 'films' are W&G, Shaun the Sheep and Chicken Run. For more see this Podcast
Where can I find more about Aardman?
Here are some links:
- Aardman at Wikipedia
- Other Aardman Projects
- Aardman at YouTube
5. W&G related sites
Where can I learn more about W&G?
There are some more sites with/about W&G:
- A World Of Cracking Ideas
- W&G at YouTube
- W&G Children Foundation
- 62 West Wallaby Street Fansite
HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS STUFF?????
I've only collected all things I know about W&G and Aardman!
Sorry but this needs to be bumped and made a stickey.
Aardman Animations Ltd Website Terms and Conditions of use
1. INTRODUCTION: Welcome to our website (the "Website"), a community website where you can read and upload news, reviews, research the latest technology products, compare product prices of different suppliers, take part in community based discussions and more (the "Website Service"). This Website and the Website Service is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Aardman Animations Ltd and its group companies ("Aardman" or "We" or "Us").
2. ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION: In order to make use of certain parts of the Website Service, you may need to register an account with Us. In order to do so, you must (a) satisfy the minimum age requirement; (b) provide Us with complete and accurate registration information; (c) ensure your use of the Website Service is in accordance with these Terms and any Applicable Laws (as defined in paragraph 3, below); and (d) select a username and password. By registering an account with Us you warrant that: (a) you meet the minimum age requirement, which is specified on the registration pages; (b), you have given complete and accurate registration information, and will keep that information updated; and (c) your use of the Website Service does not violate these Terms or breach any Applicable Laws. You acknowledge that you will be responsible for all activities which take place under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you become aware of any actual, threatened or suspected unauthorised use of your username and/or any other breach of security, you agree to notify Us immediately. You may cancel your account with Us at any time by following the instructions on the registration pages. We may terminate your account with Us for any or no reason, at any time, with or without notice and without liability.
In order to use the Website Service, you will require access to the world-wide web. You are responsible for any connection, service and other fees associated with such access and for providing all equipment necessary to enable you to connect to the world-wide web (including a computer and modem or other access device).
3. GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The Website Service is made available for your own, personal use. The Website Service must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the Website Service you must comply with all applicable UK laws relating to online conduct (including, without limitation, content which can be posted online) and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as "Applicable Laws").
4. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE WEBSITE: You are responsible for any information, data, text, music, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other content ("Content") which you post or upload and/or display (in public or privately) to the Website. Aardman may (but shall not be obliged to) delete, edit, lock, move or remove any Content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any Content is posted, uploaded and/or displayed without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, Content which, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or is or may be irrelevant, out of date, inappropriate or objectionable in any way whatsoever, or in respect of which Aardman receives any complaint (whether justified or not). By posting, uploading and/or displaying any Content to the Website you warrant that: (a) you own all intellectual property and proprietary rights in such Content or that you have a licence from the owner of such rights to post, upload and/or display such Content on the Website; and (b) the posting, uploading and/or displaying of such Content on the Website and the grant of the licence to Aardman and its group companies (on the terms set out below) will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
If you upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to the Website, you automatically: (a) grant other users of the Website and the Website Service the right to access the same and use it in accordance with these Terms, although you can mark Content as private and so restrict access and use to those users to whom you specifically grant access; and (b) grant Aardman and its group companies a non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content on and through the Website and the Website Service and in any other form or medium. You continue to own the Content after it is posted to the Website.
You acknowledge that Aardman will not screen or otherwise check any Content which is submitted by you or any other user of the Website Service before it is posted, not monitor yours or any person's use of the Website Service. As such, you as the user of the Website Service are responsible for any Content you submit to the Website and the manner in which the Website Service is used under your username. You may take down any Content you have submitted to the Website at any time. If you become aware of any misuse of the Website Service by any person including (without limitation) any posting of Content which violates these Terms, please contact us by following the instructions set out in paragraph 16 of these Terms or click on the "Report this" link at the bottom of the Website page or next to the Content which has been posted.
5. SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: You agree that when using the Website Service you will comply with all Applicable Laws (as defined in paragraph 3), these Terms and you acknowledge that you are responsible for all acts and omissions which occur under your user-name. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
1. Upload, post or otherwise display Content which is or promotes behaviour which violates the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of a third party or which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, flaming, hateful, offensive (whether in relation to sex, race, religion or otherwise) harassing, hateful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years, or contains any illegal content; or
2. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which contains software viruses or any other files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or the Website Service or any server or networks connected to the Website or another's computer, or that contains any chain letters, pyramid-selling schemes, bulk mail, junk mail or similar; or
3. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content containing a photograph of another person unless you have obtained that person's consent;
4. Harvest or collect any IP addresses or email addresses or other contact information of any members of the Website, by electronic means or otherwise; or
5. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content for any commercial or business purpose including (without limitation) any Content which contains any advertising or promotional materials; or
6. Restrict or in any way inhibit any other person's use of the Website or the Website Service; or
7. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which is false, misleading, un-necessary and/or repetitive including any Content which is inaccurate, out of date or repeats that previously uploaded, posted or displayed by you or another visitor, unless absolutely necessary; or
8. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to a part of the Website which is irrelevant to the subject matter of the Content; or
9. Register an account with us under more than one user name and/or user account number; or
10. Use the Website or the Website Service in a manner that is inconsistent with these Terms and/or any Applicable Laws in force from time to time or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity; or
11. Breach the terms of any suspension or ban or seek alternative access; or
12. In the interests of free speech, bring any action for defamation against Aardman, or any of the companies in the same group; or
13. Use or solicit any other account holder's personal data for any purpose other than establishing non-commercial, lawful contact that such account holder would reasonably expect to welcome; or
14. Submit Content owned by a third party without consent from that third party or submit Content in a manner which expressly or impliedly infers that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by the Website; or
15. Use the Website in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity or in a manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or the Website Service; or
16. Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Website; or
17. Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Website or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other device to retrieve or index any part of the Website or re-format or frame any portion of the web pages comprising the Website, unless permitted by law; or
18. Remove or obstruct from view any advertisements and/or any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on or in the Website; or
19. Contact any other user of the Website if they have expressly asked you not to; or
20. Attempt to impersonate any other user or account holder of the Website or the Website Service; or
21. Use the username and/or password of any other account holder of the Website or disclose your password to any other person; or
22. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content comprising an advertisement or accept payment or anything of value from any person in exchange for you uploading, posting or displaying any Content or otherwise performing any commercial activity on or through the Website or the Website Service on behalf of such person (including, without limitation, posting blogs or bulletins for a commercial purpose and/or sending messages to other users of the Website with a commercial purpose).
You agree to indemnify Aardman and its group companies in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Website Service, and any use of the same under your username other than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Law.
6. CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the Website including all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material ("Material") is owned by or licensed to Aardman and its group companies. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material (other than Content posted by you) without Aardman's express permission. You must not frame or link to the Website or any part of it without our permission.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos ("Trade Marks") contained on or in the Website are owned by Aardman or its group companies or third party partners of Aardman. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of Aardman or the relevant group company or the relevant third party partner of Aardman.
7. LINK TO THIRD PARTIES: The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). Aardman does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
9. DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY: USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) AARDMAN DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN AARDMAN AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER AND/OR ACCOUNT HOLDER OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR WEBSITE SERVICE; ANY ERROR, DELAY OR FAILURE IN THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY COMMUNICATION BETWEEN USERS AND/OR ACCOUNT HOLDERS; ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET, THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
Aardman will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Website Service, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
IF AARDMAN IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE WEBSITE SERVICE, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO: (A) FIFTY POUNDS STERLING (£50.00); OR (B) THE SUMS PAID BY YOU UPON REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT WITH US; OR (C) THE SUMS PAID BY YOU UPON RECEIVING A WEBSITE SERVICE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of Aardman or its group companies for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
10. ACCESS RESTRICTION AND SERVICE SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION: Aardman reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny you access to the Website and/or the Website Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice and for any reason including, without limitation, if you fail to comply with any clause 5 (Member Conduct) or any other provision of these Terms. In particular, Aardman may deny you access to the Website and/or the Website Services if Aardman exercises its right to delete, edit, lock or remove any Content posted, uploaded or displayed by you. Aardman reserves the right to suspend or cease providing all or any of the Website Service, without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
11. ADVERTISERS ON THE WEBSITE: We accept no responsibility for adverts posted on the Website. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on the Website, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Aardman, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
12. ONLINE COMPETITIONS: If you take part in any competition which is run on or through the Website ("Competition"), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Aardman from time to time ("Competition Rules") and by the decisions of Aardman, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Aardman reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
Unless specified, any advertised competitions are not exclusive to one particular country. However, unless specified, any related costs for pick-up, travel expenses or otherwise is strictly not included.
20 YEARS NICK PARK SIGNED DRAWING COMPETITION
NO PURCHASE NECCESARY. These are the official rules of the Nick Park signed drawing competition (the "Contest"). In these rules, "we," "our," and "us" refer to Aardman Animations Ltd. ("Aardman"), the sponsor of the Contest. "You" refers to an eligible participant in the Contest.
a. Start and End Dates: The Contest starts on 3rd November, 2009 and ends at 5pm (GMT) on 30th November, 2009 ("the Contest Period").
b.Eligibility Requirements: You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
* You are 13 years or older. If you are 13 years of age or older, and are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent's or legal guardian's permission prior to submitting an entry in this Contest, and your parent or legal guardian will need to sign the Release described below.
* You are a not a resident of a jurisdiction or country where this Contest is prohibited.
* You are not an employee of Aardman. Aardman will also have the right to use your name in advertising, marketing and promotion for the website.
c. Contest Registration and Submissions: To enter, you must register for the Wallace & Gromit online mailing list during the dates of the competition period. If you are already registered, you must submit your details again to enter our competition.
d. Limit on Entries Only 1 entry per email address will be counted.
e. Winner Selection and Notification: Prize: 1 winner will be chosen at random from all the entries submitted. Only one winner will be selected. If you are the winner of the Contest, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address listed on your entry within seven (7) days following the selection of the winner. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate winner. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Only the winner will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as offered: there are no cash alternatives. We reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage or to change or not to award prizes, if deemed necessary in our opinion, and if circumstances arise which are outside our control.
f. Governing Law This Contest will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of England and Wales for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
g. Announcement of the Winner The name of the winner will be announced on wallaceandgromit.com within ten (10) days after he or she is chosen. The name of the winner may also be posted on any other website under the ownership or control of Aardman.
13. COPYRIGHT POLICY: It is our policy to terminate any person's account with us if they repeatedly infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. If you believe any of your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way which infringes your intellectual property or proprietary rights, please contact us by any of the means set out in paragraph 16 or click on the "Report this" link at the bottom of the Website page or next to the allegedly infringing copy. You will need to provide us with the following information: (i) a description of the work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the alleged infringing copy of it; (ii) a description of where the alleged infringing copy has been posted on the Website; (iii) your contact details; (iv) a written statement, signed by you, to confirm that you are the owner of the work or you are authorised to act on the owner's behalf and the information you have provided to us is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief.
14. ACCOUNT HOLDER INTERACTION: You are responsible for how you interact with other account holders and users of the Website and the Website Service. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor how you interact with those persons.
15. GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Aardman concerning your use of the Website and the Website Service and supersede any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and Aardman in relation to such matters. Aardman reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is uploaded on to this the Website and your continued use of the Website Service following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Aardman.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your use of the Website and/or the Website Service. If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Aardman's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Aardman in writing. Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you, Aardman and its group of companies.
16. CONTACT US: You can contact the Aardman online team at email@example.com
Click here to download the Terms and Conditions as a PDF file
This should infact be a stickey.
What was the point in that Ben?
The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website
Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.
Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.