Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE AND GROMIT IN SPACE TO LAUNCH AT SPACEPORT ON MERSEYSIDE!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 23 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 23.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 11th 2010

spaceport.jpg

A brand new exhibition featuring Wallace & Gromit is set to open at Spaceport on 25th March 2010. The exhibition, entitled ‘Wallace & Gromit in Space’ will feature a collection of wacky inventions alongside fascinating factual information about the Moon, our Solar System and the history of Space exploration.

Visitors will be able to see the famous orange rocket from the film as well as Wallace’s Moon Base Exploration Station, where the inventor harvests cheese, collects space junk, keeps an eye on the planets and checks for lunar life. Sets from the Wallace & Gromit films will also be on display.

The exhibition will take visitors on a journey through the history of man’s fascination with the Moon, delving into the earliest attempts to communicate with life on other planets to the first lunar landing in 1969 and culminating with Wallace and Gromit’s visit in 1989. Information on advances in robotic technology will sit alongside some of Wallace’s own inventions for exploring the surface of the moon, and gathering cheese of course.

Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit, is excited to see his creations re-visit the Moon: “It’s been 20 years since we first sent Wallace & Gromit into Space and it’s great to see them back out there again, delving more deeply into the mysteries of the universe. Hopefully their efforts will help educate others about some of the amazing facts surrounding Space exploration and recent advances in technology.”

To find out more about Spaceport and book tickets to "Wallace and Gromit in Space" visit www.spaceport.org.uk

Become a fan of Spaceport on Facebook by visiting: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wallasey-United-Kingdom/Spaceport/104676029566404

concon Posted: Mar 11th 2010

:O

That looks soo cool! Hopefully it will soon move to Glasgow like the other W&G expedition! :D

kldceltic Posted: Mar 11th 2010

too far from me katie:-(

ajmole Posted: Mar 11th 2010

Waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far for me. Do you expect me to go if I live in the USA?

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 11th 2010

Houston, we have a cheesy problem.............. please be thr nxt.............

lad

jordan Posted: Mar 12th 2010

nothings ever around here.....

skalouis Posted: Mar 13th 2010

i'am going:D

Fionah Posted: Mar 14th 2010

How long is the exhibition on for and is it moving to other parts of the country?

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 15th 2010

@fionah - the exhibition will be on for the next year, so there's plenty of time to catch it.

There's aren't any plans at the moment for it to move around the country, but we'll let you know if this changes.

With all of our exhibitions, it is up to individual museums to choose whether they'd like to host something Wallace & Gromit related. So if you'd like to see W&G in your city, let your local museums know! :)

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 15th 2010

So if we'd ask our local museum and they say "Yes" we could tell you (or the museum could tell you) and then the exhibition maybe would move to this city?! Even if it's in Germany? Of course the exhibition would be in English but here are some "English-museums" so that wouldn't be a problem....

ajmole Posted: Mar 15th 2010

Unlikely for the USA to get this. We miss out on lots of stuff because of Time Zones and that this is a British country.

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 15th 2010

Please move here!!!!!!!!! ...........I want excitement during Spring break...

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 25th 2010

@ I love Bitzer - if the museum is interested in hosting our exhibition they often contact Aardman, and so as long as there's enough demand, it could move anywhere in future!

ajmole, Gromit lad - I don't think it'll reach the US just yet, but we'll be producing some activity packs that involve Wallace & Gromit in space, so maybe you could get involved with those? We'll let you know when they are available.

Also, if you're old enough to be a Facebook-er, check out the Spaceport page for all the latest news from the exhibition:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wallasey-United-Kingdom/Spaceport/104676029566404

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 25th 2010

Cool! I'll ask them as soon as possbile.

harryboy8080 Posted: Mar 30th 2010

Sometimes I wish I was British. :-(

Oh yeah, it's in my blood...... I wish I had teleportation abilities so I could teleport to England from the U.S.A and go to the space exhibit!

Clay Fighter Posted: Mar 31st 2010

well im definately not going since im in australia!...poor australians

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 31st 2010

Hurray for activity packs! I don't know what theyll do, but.... HURRAY!!!!!!!!

lad

gromit go for him Posted: Apr 17th 2010

if i was to win the competition and i live near london would there be free plane tickets and a hotel stay ?

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 19th 2010

@ggfh - travel costs aren't included in the prize, but the tickets are valid all year so you could use them if you decided to take a trip there in the summer holidays!

gromit go for him Posted: Apr 21st 2010

ok thanks katie thats good due to dust cloud :D

kldceltic Posted: Apr 21st 2010

oh the valcono half of the staff at my school where on hoilday so they have to stay there tilll may:-(

gromit go for him Posted: Sep 20th 2010

im going to spceport this weekend and im looking forward to it

skalouis Posted: Oct 31st 2010

i went there with my nan it was a ace exhibition

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.