Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WORK EXPERIENCE?

There are 19 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 19.
666joshy666 Posted: Jan 24th 2010

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if Aardman did work experience? If they do I need to know if you think I would be good enough at modelling to do it. Conty, was it good? Do you think, if they do do it, they would let me do it?

Cheers,

>:-) Joshy >:-)

I am asking Conty because he done work experience there.:D

Jamie Gomersall Posted: Jan 24th 2010

no they dont

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 24th 2010

They do Jamie but according to the website they don't to anyone under 18 this year.

exactly

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 24th 2010

It's only for this year, not forever.

yup

What a shame. It would be next year though so maybe. Or they could make an exception...:D

it might not be next year either

Stop being so negative.

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 24th 2010

They do do work experience for under 18s but only in their region of Bristol. Every year they pair with one or two schools and offer places,. Conty was in one of those schools.

That's a shame. If I was aloud, I would have to stay in a hotel. :'(:-(

Ursrut Posted: Jan 27th 2010

joshy don't give up.
I phoned them when i was looking for work expierence and they said to send them a letter. They get quite a few work expierence requests every day. Just send in a small portfolio or something of your models and maybe put in a disk of any animations you have done. At the least you would have tried Joshy, don't give up ;).

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 27th 2010

Hi joshy, as you have seen, Aardman aren't offering work experience to under 18s at the moment.

Do keep up the good work though - also, maybe like Ursut said, build up a portfolio of work that you could submit when you are eligable for a placement.
:)

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 27th 2010

OK. Got it! Thanks for the support guys!

Clay Play Posted: Feb 5th 2010

speaking of work expireence i have to do some and i hate it we have to sew but im the best hey mabey i could be a fasionist well... ok maby not but at least i can do the work required

Clay Play Posted: Feb 8th 2010

fashionit what was that guy thinking

Clay Play Posted: Feb 10th 2010

yea i know hes nuts

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.