Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » TIME CAPSULE OF CRACKING IDEAS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 4 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 4.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 23rd 2009

Over the last 6 months The Wallace & Gromit Present a World of Cracking Ideas exhibition at the Science Museum has collection thousands of invention ideas from visiting children. It is these 85,000 cracking ideas that are to be buried in a time capsule by the Intellectual Property Office in Newport.

timecapsule1.jpg

Some of the ideas include ‘The Deep Diver’, by Tyona Higgins aged 11, which comprises of an underwater travel system complete with password navigation. Another cracking idea from Robert Unsworth, aged 13, was ‘Billy the Cook’, a robot chef with recycled tin can feet.

All the ideas were buried on October 14th and will be dug up in 2020, to see if any of the inventions describe have been made. Rhodri Morgan, First Minister for Wales, commented; “Giving Britain’s young people the chance to show their true creativity and inventiveness is all important for our future and this time capsule is the ideal way to showcase the inventors of the future and their potentially world beating ideas”.

concon Posted: Oct 25th 2009

Great ! Wish I could of went ;)

concon Posted: Oct 25th 2009

Actually that guy in the checked t-shirt looks like me alittle ! :O

101Gromit Posted: Oct 27th 2009

I am entering the Competition and that sounds great!I also went to the exhibition!:D

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.