Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » MY CHEESY LUNCH

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 3 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 3.
concon Posted: Jul 5th 2009

I think Wallace and Gromit would love my cheesy scones! Here is the recipe.

1)heat the oven to 220 degres C or gas mark 7 and grease and flour a metal baking sheet.
2)sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter so that it looks like breadcrumbs.add the grated cheese
3)in a small bowl mix the milk and egg together with a fork and then add this to the flour and butter and grated cheese.
4)after a bit of mixing(time to get your fingers messy)the mixture should form a nice dough.
5)tip out the dough onto a floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin so that it is about 2cm thick.the take a round shaped cutter and cut out the scones(the mag says six from the mixture but i got 9)
6)place the uncooked scones on the baking sheet,brush the top of each with a little bit of milk and put on a dusting of parmesan cheese.
7)put the baking sheet carefully into the middle of the oven-remember it will be very hot-and leave for 15-20 mins or until they have risen slightly and are a lovely golden colour.
using oven gloves take the tray out of the oven and leave your scones to cool.

ingredients-
150g self_raising flour
25g butter
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons of milk
75g of grated cheese
1 large egg
a little exra milk
a dusting of gratd cheddar

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 7th 2009

Ooh yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us concon. Are you going to make some to enter into the Top Bun competition?

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/upload

concon Posted: Jul 19th 2009

Yeah maybe. I dont know if my mum will let me make them again though. Last time I got flour and egg every where;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.