WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » RECOMMENDATIONS

There are 226 messages in total. Showing messages 151 to 200.
666joshy666 Posted: Feb 15th 2010

If you cut these up in to smaller pieces, they make great floor boards!

Purple&Brown Posted: Feb 15th 2010

Cut what up?

666joshy666 Posted: Feb 17th 2010

Look at this! If you don't want to spend £100 on an armature, why not buy this set: http://www.animationtoolkit.com/page3.htm

Purple&Brown Posted: Feb 18th 2010

I saw that on animateclay.com, it looks like a greaat peice of kit. I think it also comes with tiedowns.

womble1 Posted: Feb 27th 2010

Does anyone know were you can buy some story boad papper with the lines already on it also very cheap because of a small budgit?

Ursrut Posted: Feb 27th 2010

To make it cheaper you could make a little booklet with story boarding splitting the page into two shots a second with the details of what you need in that scene and what you need to make as well as what happens.
At least that is what i've done with my animations

womble1 Posted: Feb 27th 2010

Thanks i will probally do that or make a template on windows

plasjas Posted: Feb 27th 2010

our drama dept does them, ask yours at school and they should be able to give you them

crackingtoast Posted: Feb 27th 2010

I'm Afraid I'm On The Bottom End Of The CGI Chain As I Only Have Anim8or. Obviously It Doesn't Produce Amazing Results But It's Good Enough For Me And My Films And That's All That Matters.

666joshy666 Posted: Feb 27th 2010

I don't think CGI is for me, even though I am good with computers. CT, I am just about to post on you update thread.

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 4th 2010

I've got a question:
I'm just making a set for STS and now I want to make a tree. But I don't know how to make the leaves and branches. I'll soon upload a picture, just a little moment, but it would be great if anybody could say me what is the best material to make the tree complete!
Thank you all!
697168.jpg

697211.jpg

Purple&Brown Posted: Mar 5th 2010

You could use some from outside your house ;)

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 5th 2010

I've had this idea earlier, too, but then I had a look in our garden, I made a short walk throught the forest but didn't find anything!
And here it's very wet and rainy so I couldn't find something dry
:(

iantimothy Posted: Mar 5th 2010

if it is for an animation you don't want to use real leaves because they will die, you could go to a hobby store and get some railroad greenery, or plastic leaves.

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 6th 2010

I thought also about that but those trees are all to small! But the idea to use something else from there is good, thank you, I'll have a look there
:)

shaun the lamb Posted: Mar 12th 2010

@CT
I have Anim8tor. I still haven't worked out how you make meshes though. SAD FAIC! ;

womble1 Posted: Apr 10th 2010

@I love bitzer i make trees for a hornby track i got and what i do is soak car sponges in green paint a couple of times then you use a cheese grater to grate the sponges and you will get small bits of green that you can use as leaves. After that you get some wire wall which you glue it to your twig your using for the tree,using a hot glue gun.Next you glue the green bits,you glue it on by spraying a dilouted pva mixture.You spray it through a plant spray bottle.i sprinkle on the greenbits.

Hoped i have helped !

I love Bitzer Posted: Apr 10th 2010

Thanks for your answer!
But I've got some questions:
What are "car sponges"?
What's "wire wall"?

Thanks for your detailed explanaition, it had helped me a lot! I'll go on and put some sponges now in green color...let's see how it works!
I can upload some pictures like I have done it: Because it shall be a spring scenerie I don't need the tree to have so many leaves, only some "first" leaves which come out in spring.
So I took some twigs with leaves from our garden and clued them to the trunk. It looks quite good althought I think I'll need your method for a "summer" tree! Thanks for that usefull information!

womble1 Posted: Apr 11th 2010

wire wall is ment to be wire wool
car sponge is just a big sponge you can use any really

I love Bitzer Posted: Apr 11th 2010

Oh, then I know what you mean! So you clue that wire wall to the twig so that the twig is solid? Or why do you do it?
:)

womble1 Posted: Apr 12th 2010

You pull the wire wool apart so you see the indivual strands and put blobs of hot glue on to the twig then stick the wire wool to it.Also you have to have a lot of coats of paint so the sponge is hard and you need to use the big holes on the grater

womble1 Posted: Apr 12th 2010

Can someone recomend on how to make fires look realistic and moving water.
Also what what do people use to record (sound) and what program do they use?

mmasonghi studios Posted: Apr 12th 2010

Purple&Brown Posted: May 1st 2010

*Blows The Cobwebs And Dust Away* -- Any more things I should add?

iantimothy Posted: May 1st 2010

how about a section for books
"Creating 3-D Animation"
"Basics Animation: Stop Motion"
"The Illusion of life: Disney Animation" I don't have that one but i have heard it is good.

Purple&Brown Posted: May 1st 2010

Thanks Ian! ;)

Gromits little bro Posted: May 2nd 2010

*cough cough cough cough* You blew the cobwebs in my face!

Purple&Brown Posted: May 3rd 2010

Oops, sorry GLB! :)

Gromits little bro Posted: May 3rd 2010

he he he ;)

thetopbun Posted: May 5th 2010

Maya is a great program, free for 6 months if you are a student but it is £3,645, it's crackers! plasjas, people have been saything that maya is better for game design and 3ds max is better for film production. Neither product is worse, it depends what you are working on. :D

Purple&Brown Posted: Jun 9th 2010

Does anyone else have stopmotionpro v7?

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 10th 2010

http://www.clayanimator.com/ is a great website for beginers to look at.

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 11th 2010

P&B, is it OK if I use your list to add to my spanglefish site that I'm revivng this instant.
You will all be credited.

Add Van Aken Clay to the list

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 11th 2010

~Plastilina~
[Jovi]
Is a good make of Plasticine to use.

Clay Fighter Posted: Jun 11th 2010

i use plastilina by jovi for sum of my characters!!!!
A really gopod clay is Belken, i made scott out of it!

could you add a link?

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 11th 2010

I use jovi for my S43 charectors!

Purple&Brown Posted: Jun 11th 2010

sure GLB ;)

Thanks

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 11th 2010

And do it comes to pass that Great Stop Motion Sites is finally functioning!! http://www.spanglefish.com/glbanimations/ Check it out ;)

cameronjfleslie Posted: Jun 11th 2010

Hey, Ian (or anyone else for that matter who uses mac.) As you may know I've purchased a Macbook Pro recently, well...how good is istopmotion? and which version of it should I get? Becuase as far as I know SMP is not compatible.

Cameronl

Ursrut Posted: Jun 11th 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFhqEupQviU

A little food for thought for people- found watching the different parts were really interesting.

womble1 Posted: Jun 20th 2010

does any one know how to stop your models getting mucky as you make them and afterwards?

Ursrut Posted: Jun 20th 2010

keep you hands clean. Work with one colour, the lightest if possible and then move onto the next otherwise keep some hand wipes with you as you work and clean when you work with a new colour. ;)

fateme Posted: Jun 20th 2010
:D

fimo is good
very good
i use it;)

womble1 Posted: Jun 21st 2010

thanks for the advice
can you clean model that are already abit dirty

fateme Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

what do you mean abit?
i think you mean very dirty!
i sometimes use a knife and take a a layer from it or take the litters from it by a fork or some tools
i usually use this
maybe it could help

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.