Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » WATER AND FIRE

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 14 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 14.
Filming EJ Posted: Feb 21st 2009

How do you create the water effects(like pouring tea) and fire effects? I know you can make them out of wrappers or tin foil, but how?

thetopbun Posted: Feb 21st 2009

Do you want to use special effects?

potatoes63 Posted: Feb 21st 2009

you can use cling wrap as water being poored. and for fire you can add it in with CGI or you can take tin foil and shine a laser pointer on it. hope dat helps.... oh ya and you can use clear gel/petroleum jelly as water also.;)

iantimothy Posted: Feb 21st 2009

in beaver creek two i used both, like potatoe said you can use plastic wrap for water, for fire i used some red yellow and orange tissue paper cutouts then replaced them every two frames

thetopbun Posted: Feb 22nd 2009

Hey it was me which found out about the gel for water! Haha! It doesn't matter really! That is what Aardman use.

Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 5th 2009

Does anyone know any Special effects programs?

crackingtoast Posted: Apr 20th 2009

pinnacle studio 11 is brilliant. it does fire,greenscreen,water ripples,and it's great for animations and live-action films. it's like windows movie maker but better.

Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 21st 2009

is it free?

Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 21st 2009

I have pinnacle 9

crackingtoast Posted: Apr 21st 2009

pinnacle 9 is okay but pinnacle 11 does have alot more special effects like water,fire,smoke etc which makes it worth the price. if you know how to use pinnacle 9 well that's an extra so you wouldn't find everything hard if you get it.

ben 2 Posted: Jul 12th 2009

u could use a liter but make sure you have an adult and a cup of water ive got burn marks

concon Posted: Jul 19th 2009
:O

yianni Posted: Mar 31st 2012

for tea the aardman team says use brown celefane the light gives it a great effect

yianni Posted: Apr 1st 2012

use after effects it's $100 but works a treat

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.