Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT WINS BAFTA AWARD

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 44 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 44.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Aardman Animations is delighted to announce that its favourite animated duo have won a coveted BAFTA film award for their latest adventures Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death.

Announced last night, Wallace and Gromit beat off stiff competition to pick up the BAFTA Award for best short animation.

The half-hour special has proven to be a huge hit both in the UK and internationally. It was the highest rated show on BBC One when it aired on Christmas Day 2008 and broadcasters around the globe have picked up the half-hour special including ABC TV Australia, M6 France, Super RTL Germany, YLE Finland, NRK Norway, Zapp Netherlands and SVT Sweden.

The special which was written and directed by Nick Park reunited Nick with writer Bob Baker who co-wrote both The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

To watch a post-award interview with Nick Park, Bob Baker and Steve Pegram visit the Bafta website:
http://www.bafta.org/awards/film/film-nominations-in-2009,657,BA.html

bafta_winner.jpg

cool chris Posted: Feb 9th 2009

i broke news firt but go nick p i rember getting fustated as the radio only said oubut slubdog millonare!

Sammy the lamb Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Wallace and Gromit got a bafta! and Wall-e Got one too! Yay!
(In fact wall-e got two but i won't rub it in aardman's faces)

peter kay is pc mac Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Well Done Aardman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I was watching it I cheered so much!!! I'm so pleased for all of you

Well Done &

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Great to hear all your comments guys! Also found a nice picture of the winners courtesy of the BBC....

No 1 W&G Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Well i just knew it because W&G and the team are great. You rule Aardman

jordan Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Well Done Nick Park & Aardman!!

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 9th 2009

well done!!

thetopbun Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Yay! I knew they would but was dissapointed cos during his speech credits were rolling up!:-(

FleaCircusDirector Posted: Feb 9th 2009

By eck, cracking stuff lads.

GromitsPal Posted: Feb 9th 2009

Very Well done. Congradulations!:)

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Feb 9th 2009

FAN-FLAMIN'-TASTIC! WELL DONE, ALMIGHTY AARDS...AND THE ALMIGHTY NICK P!!!

Poor ANP! The credits rolling up as he spoke - tch! What a jip! Still, he got the prize!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I could crush a grape!

WARM HUGS AND UBER-SOPPY :-X:-X:-X ALL ROUND!

Go W&G Posted: Feb 9th 2009

congratulations!

Nut-Meg Posted: Feb 10th 2009

well done aardman
and &

Purple&Brown Posted: Feb 10th 2009

WELL DONE & Team

Lawrie Posted: Feb 10th 2009

I'm very happy W&G won a Bafta. Well done Nick park and Aardman! |-)

Mickles Posted: Feb 11th 2009

Hi guys! My name's Mick and I'm from the Preston Journal which is a student newspaper at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. It's fantastic news that Preston lad Nick's won another BAFTA. For a story I'm writing I'm just wondering what people think about the BBC rolling the credits while he delivered his acceptance speech?! Reply here or email me at MFBroomhead@uclan.ac.uk

jordan Posted: Feb 11th 2009

i thought it was damn right rude, also not showing you seeing him get the bafta either...

Mickles Posted: Feb 11th 2009

Thanks for that! What do other people think? Should the BBC apologise? After all it was a tad rude and very distracting!

wallace_gromit_fan1 Posted: Feb 11th 2009

Well done and gromit!! i love it so much

i think nick park is the best and is so creative to do all of that (and the helpers of course!!) You deserve winning one! WIPPPPEEEEE!!!!::-X

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 11th 2009

I think it was disgusting. The BBC think "Oh it's just an animation and a Preston Lad. It's not like it's Brad Pitt." It was very disrespectful and he deserved the award so the speech should have been shown completely.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Feb 12th 2009

Mick!

It was indeed DISRESPECTFUL to the ANP...the credits should have rolled up on the right hand side of the screen and not in the ANP's face. I don't know what the technical term is but that would have been preferable to the treatment he got from the numpties in the control room. Remember the outrage when Jarvis Cocker from Pulp disrupted Michael Jackson's Earth Song at the Brit Awards years ago? Maybe you don't but it caused an outrage back then... this ill-mannered decision by the producers concerned should cause outrage NOW!!!

The ANP would have seen the funny side of it but, all the same, it was rude!

Sackcloth and ashes all round, TV crew!!! Go back to media school. Learn some manners and consideration for other people's feelings.

PS: I'M CHUFFED TO MINTBALLS AND GRATEFUL THAT THE ANP RECEIVED HIS AWARD...AND BOB BAKER SCRUBS UP WELL, DOESN'T HE???

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 12th 2009

well said SES

It needed saying, GLB! A man like the ANP should be given priority for coming top of his tree yet again. Achievements like his must be bigged up...not hidden away as if the ANP is an also-ran - which he most definietly isn't!

A stiff letter will be written to the appropriate numpties.

Oh, and here is another chance to see the ANP, Bob Baker and Steve Pegram WITHOUT the rolling credits!!!

Sithee!

Sock Eye Salmon

And here is the ANP with another previously won, hard earned BAFTA...

I'm enjoying this...are you??? >:-)

thetopbun Posted: Feb 12th 2009

Yep! Well at least he won an award! Unlike Brad Pitt!:D

The ANP deserves his very own STAR on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...and - his own star on the Doggywood Walkies of Fame!

Here's why...

Still enjoying this...Tea-hee!

Ohh God! Too many pictures of Nick Park winning Baftas and oscars! Why is he so good!?

Ah, topbun, dear friend! He's not just a highly-skilled film maker with lorryloads of talent and imagination...all these lovely things could not have happened to a nicer bloke!

As for Brad Pitt - David Tennant could 'act' him into a flat cap!

Haha! SockEye old pal! I wish we could meet! You are the one of the funniest people I have met!

lol:D

Lawrie Posted: Feb 12th 2009

I think it was very disrespectful to roll the credits through Nick Parks face while his speech. And cutting out the bit when he was walking up to accept the award. How would people like it if the credits were rolling through Kate Winslet's face ? Just my thoughts.

i love kate winslet, don't diss

See! What if credits were rolling during her speech!? Would you be disappointed!?

yes i wasnt saying that .... dont matter.,..;)

topbun you are very, very kind indeed! :)

Lawrie Posted: Feb 13th 2009

Sorry if it sounded that i was dissing Kate winslet, I didn't intend to. I was just putting the thought across how would over people feel if there star had credits rolling through their face.

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 13th 2009

yeah i felt that about nick park

I think its called Bi-loyal

Fish Posted: Feb 13th 2009

I am sad to learn the credits rolled up as Nick spoke!:O His art and skill are so much more profound and long lasting than other kinds of films. Nothing - not even this momentary disrespect - can change that.8)

joemhewitt Posted: Feb 15th 2009

I found out that Nick Park dropped his BAFTA after he got it!

Purple&Brown Posted: Feb 15th 2009

good thing he dosent drop the characters when helping to animate lol!:D

thetopbun Posted: Feb 15th 2009

Haha!:D

ilkka Posted: Feb 15th 2009
:-(|)

this is gorilla!

Gags Posted: Feb 15th 2009

CONGRATS AARDMAN!!!!!!!!! U TOTALLY DESERVED IT!!!!!!!!!!:D

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.