Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » IM THINKING OF TRYING TO CREATE MY OWN W AND G MODELS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 9 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 9.
fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 16th 2009

Hi i've been looking at all of your great w and g models on this site and you have inspired me to make my own.................
what I want to know is places where you can get eyes to use for the models-or do u have to make them yourself?
also...I would also love to hear other tips on making models to.
thank you.

thetopbun Posted: Jan 16th 2009

Most are customs. http://www.animationsupplies.net/

Good for eyes! It is being updated!

fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 16th 2009

thank you!:)
I will have to check that site out

foreverwallace Posted: Jan 17th 2009

Apparentley the eyes in the real movie are made from white beads with the holes painted black, though I haven't tried it myself.

fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 18th 2009

oh right, I didnt know that...I will bare that in mind to-thanks u 2 u have been lots of help.

I was also wondering whether the armatures for models are always very expensive or whether people know cheap places where you can buy them or whether you can make them yourself

oh yeah and do you use the same kind of plastiscene that you can get in toy shops or is there a special type you have to use?

sorry for all these questions its just im a total novice and want to know what im doing before I attempt (attempt being the key word lol) to make my models:)

Sammy the lamb Posted: Jan 18th 2009

I believe that the best kind of plastiscene to use (At least for animation) is more clay than plastiscene, because it'll hold it's shape more than toy shop plastiscene. However, the kind I want to use is very expensive and is hard to get!

fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 18th 2009

so do you think as im a beginer I would be better off with using toy shop plasterscene for now

iantimothy Posted: Jan 18th 2009

sammy, what kind do you want to use? plasticine is not very much? and if it's clay, it would dry.

Sammy the lamb Posted: Feb 7th 2009

I now use lewis newplast (Nontoxic, 500g), which costs £1.99. It's tougher than normal plastiscene, It has to warm up before you use it, and it holds it shape more. I haven't seen that many colours. I bought it from a local shop.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.