ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » HOW DID AARDMAN CREATE THE WALLACE AND GROMIT MODELS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
mynameiskris Posted: Oct 13th 2008

Hi,
I'm a student doing a degree in animation and we have started a project on 3d stop motion. I need to research into this area of animation and i wanted to know if anyone knew of a link to a site that details the making of the characters and the process involved.
I mean i know they are made from plasticine but everytime a type the making of wallace and gromit into google all i get is the making of the film not the characters themselves.

mr joe kidd Posted: Oct 13th 2008

hi mynameiskris
this is a link to the aardman website
http://www.aardman.com/html/modelmaking.asp?type=html
http://www.bafta.org/learning/webcasts/cracking-movie-lad-the-making-of-wallace-and-gromit,432,BA.html
hope this helps and where are you taking your degree?
mr joe kidd

mynameiskris Posted: Oct 13th 2008

Thanks alot Joe, you have really helped me out and i appreciate it!
I'm doing my degree at Newcastle college in the north east but the actual degree is ran by Leeds Met Uni. Its great fun and a pleasure to do, tough but when you enjoy it its more like a challenge. Are you doing a degree or looking to do one in the future?

jills Posted: Oct 13th 2008

I've not found anything myself on W&G puppet construction online, but p. 101 of Cracking Animation (by Lord & Sibley) gives you Gromit Construction 101 with photos ;) Sorry I can't help you out with Wallace (there is a pic of his armature in the book however). Best wishes on your course!

plasjas Posted: Oct 14th 2008

jills in cracking animation the gromit construction looks fairly easy...if you had a dog armature ;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.