Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WALLACE'S ACCENT

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 14 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 14.
connor gorman Posted: Oct 27th 2007

On Wikipedia It Says Wallace's Accent Is Yorkshire Is This Right

Josephine Posted: Oct 29th 2007

If anyone has seen or heard Peter Sallis on Last of the Summer Wine on BBC1, he plays a Yorkshire man called Clegg. When he does the voice of he should be more Lancashire but his bash at a Lanky accent is not as strongly enunciated at time - not Mr Sallis' fault - hence the confusion as to which side of the Pennines accent really comes from. is definitely Lanky - Nick P is a Lancashire Lad and he based on his dad. It's the references to Wensleydale cheese that confuses people (Wensleydale is in Yorkshire). Hope this answer has helped...in a convoluted, roundabout way!

connor gorman Posted: Nov 1st 2007

thanks it has

mort2001 Posted: Nov 4th 2007

Ahem...your spoasto talk about wallace,s assistance relly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josephine Posted: Nov 5th 2007

Nope, mort2001 - his ACCENT i.e. the way he speaks, which part of Northern England his way of speaking comes from etc.

By the way,connor, I'm chuffed that I've been of help to you.

Assistance? Hmmmmmmm... as in "Wallace's Wash 'n' Go window cleaning service...may we be of ASSISTANCE?"

connor gorman Posted: Nov 6th 2007

No Probs Mate

anti-pesto Posted: Nov 11th 2007

yes hes from yorkshire and lives there 2

connor gorman Posted: Nov 11th 2007

thanks anti pesto

Josephine Posted: Nov 11th 2007

Nope, Anti Pesto - its LANCASHIRE!!!!!!!!!! as in "...think of LANCASHIRE HOT POT" (A Grand Day Out), as in WIGAN ('s birthday card envelope address in The Wrong Trousers) Nick P is from PRESTON PLEASE, AARDMAN STAFF! PLEASE COULD YOU SETTLE THIS GEOGRAPHICAL CONFUSION! IT'S DRIVING US CRACKERS !

funkycheese7000 Posted: Nov 11th 2007

And Cheese! :)

Josephine Posted: Nov 11th 2007

Yeah! That, too!

Gromits little bro Posted: Nov 12th 2007

my friend today sad that wag is a load of $%*@?! i was most offended

connor gorman Posted: Nov 12th 2007

haha

cheesegromitcheese Posted: Nov 12th 2007

peter sallis is the voice of wallace u find out were he cums from then u no the accent

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.