Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE&GROMIT IN A NEW BOARD GAME ADVENTURE!

There are 233 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 100.
Fish Posted: Nov 13th 2007

dan123, I don't know anything about Darrel except that he posted something that was removed by the Aardman staff.

Josephine Posted: Nov 13th 2007

It's a shame Nick P is missing out on visiting his fans(and, maybe, friends, neighbours and family) in his home city of Preston - I'm sure that, if it were made remotely possible, he would be up there like a shot...but time constraints must mean that progress on making the latest and ,Trouble At 'Mill, is hotting up like a tray of Eccles Cakes! Never mind, Mibso. Keep your eyes and ears open - that's what I'm doing!

knownasb Posted: Nov 14th 2007

Any plans of making the game available for purchase in the United States?

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 14th 2007
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

IF NICK'S NOT GOING TO PRESTON, IM GOING TO LONDON.8) IVE HEARD, YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF MEETING THE POPE0:) OR WINNING THE LOTTERY:D THAN
MEETING NICK .

IF I MANAGE TO GET A SIGNED COPY OF FLEECED, YOU COULDNT GET IT OFF ME FOR ALL THE TEA IN CHINA, OR ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.

NICK WORKS TO HARD, BUT HE MAKES MILLIONS HAPPY.

:):):):):):):):):)

Josephine Posted: Nov 14th 2007

We empathise with how you feel, ChesterTheSnake, we agree with you totally - I saw Pope John Paul II and the most money I won on the Lottery was £16.00...but I have not met Nick P ... yet! I remain positive. Good luck with going down to London and we hope you don't forget your camera to capture the moment! say "cheese",

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 15th 2007

I HAVENT GOT A CAMERA :-(, :'(

MY MOBILE DOESNT HAVE A CAMERA ON IT.:O

I DONT THINK THEY HAD CAMERAS ON MOBILE PHONES, WHEN I BOUGHT IT OVER SEVEN YEARS AGO.

TRAIN TICKETS. CAMERA. NEW CLOTHES AND SHOES. (HAVE TO LOOK DECENT) AND BUYING THE GAME, IS GOING TO MAKE IT A VERY EXPENSIVE DAY OUT.

SORRY KIDS.:-(|) ONLY SHAUN THE SHEEP CD FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR. (I AM KEEPING THE GAME FOR MYSELF). >:-)

HOPE ITS WORTH IT.

WILL LET YOU KNOW! :-X

kieran Posted: Nov 15th 2007

you could always get a disposable camera

Josephine Posted: Nov 15th 2007

Why not borrow a camera? I'm sure you must have a good mate who'd trust you with it, eh, lad? If it is digital one, take time to practise with it before heading off to London. If it is a film camera with a good built-in flash, buy a 400 speed film so that you can get great pictures taken of you and Nick P indoors. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to meet the Almighty Nick - please don't dwell too much on the expense! The memories will be priceless - I bet the kids will be excited about your Grand Day Out to meet Nick P - take some of their & stuff with you eg a t-shirt and a permanent laundry pen and ask Nick to sign them! Wouldn't they be chuffed to mintballs with that?

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 16th 2007

Thanks for your advice Josephine.:)
I never thought of taking stuff for Nick to sign. :D
I Just assumed that he was just signing his new game.

I feel sorry for all the other fans that will be there.
:-(:'(
because with all the stuff I will be taking now, it will take Nick from when Hamleys opens, till when it closes to sign it, >:-)

(ONLY JOKING) 1pm till 3pm should be enough time (JUST).:-(|)

Im dreaming again. Only can afford a postcard.:-|

TeresaSmith Posted: Nov 16th 2007

Very excited and can't wait to buy the game

Josephine Posted: Nov 16th 2007

Good luck, ChesterTheSnake! I'm really, really chuffed for you! Let us know how you get on down there! And don't forget the crackers!

Mibso Posted: Nov 17th 2007

What about the cheese?

It was today that I was going to see Nick but I hope he will after all work is done. But I am still upset because this sort of thing ALWAYS happens to me. I go to see a concert, it gets canceled on the last minute. I go to a shop, the shop closes. I go to a film to see a movie, the movie gets damaged. It's not fair! And why to delete this message? ;)

Mibso Posted: Nov 17th 2007

Deleted, sorry

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 17th 2007

Cheer up Mibso.
Im sure there was a good reason why he couldnt come to . Perhaps he didnt want to see me. (you're making me paranoid now).
I'm pretty sure he will be coming to when they unveil the Wallace and Gromit statue (Cant wait).
And I've been told, there is lots of Wallace and Gromit stuff you can buy at the Guild Hall Tourist Office that Preston City Council bought for his visit.
:'(:-(.

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 17th 2007

Dear mibso,

Perhaps you want to delete your last two messages.8)
You are not supposed to put personal details on this site:O.
And your name is very personal. :-(|)>:-).

Fish Posted: Nov 17th 2007

Mibso,

ChesterTheSnake is right about taking your name off - and your uncle's too.

I know what you mean about "these things always happen to me" - I have felt that way from time to time too. As a remedy, I make myself remember all the good things that happen to me, and it changes my perspective and mood.

Say Cheese Posted: Nov 19th 2007

Rang Hamleys to find out about Nick Parks visit. (because I am coming to London from over 300 miles away):) and I sent them two emails, (one over a week ago and they havent replied):-(. The lady that answered the phone (after twelve minutes) was very nice|-), but didnt know anything about it:O. she said she would put me through to customer support, when there was no answer, she said, she would get them to ring me back. After waiting two hours:-(, I DECIDED TO RING THEM. I managed to get through after twenty minutes, to be told, I had to ring events. I rang events, (who answered after eighteen minutes) to be told I WOULD HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE SHOP. I told them I had been put through to everybody, and would he kindly sort it out (nicely of course):-|. After a few minutes wait,I was finally told that Nick Park would be arriving at 1pm and he would be on the first floor:D.
Thought I'd let you all know, to save you all the hassle. Its a good job the phone call was free. The people that answered the phone where very nice:-X, but no one seemed to know what was going on8).
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME, AND LET ME GO TO THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE, BECAUSE OF ALL THE HASSLE I HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH.:D.

kieran Posted: Nov 19th 2007

Time: 1pm

Date: Saturday 24th November

Destination:

Hamleys
188-196 Regent Street W1
London W1B 5BT
(Travel: Piccadilly Circus Tube)
Telephone: 0800 2802 444
Email: hamleys@hamleys.com

to be honest with you i would rathar be last in the que so i don't get rushed and you probably get time to speech to nick park.

Say Cheese Posted: Nov 19th 2007

Thanks for the advice,;) but he is only there for two hours,:-( and knowing how popular he is,0:)
I bet the queue will be from London to Bristol.

eragon09 Posted: Nov 19th 2007

Someone get Nick Park to come to America some day! I have been a fan ever since I saw "A Grand Day Out," and really would like to meet him!

kieran Posted: Nov 20th 2007

can ask for advice

when if you go to meet nick park at London hamleys where will you park the car because i dont think there is any parking spaces.

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 20th 2007

Wouldnt be able to go to London in a car,:'( unless you have a valid blue badge.:D Its best to use the underground. Plenty of websites with information,8) so your trip will be easier.

ste Posted: Nov 21st 2007

hi katie its me from shaun the sheep
from ste

Joel Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

Hi everyone,

I would have loved to have taken my son to London to see Nick Park. Unfortunately I can not stretch the pennies that far, so I'll order my son the board game from forbidden planet.

Just a thought though if there's only a two hour window to see him and the queues are from London to Bristol (haa haa) is there going to be the scare of possibly not seeing Nick?

All the very best to all those who are travelling to London on Saturday. What an experience!!

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

Thank you very much. I have to start at 4am, to get to London at a decent time.:O
It will be worth it. :D
I should be first in the queue>:-)
I wont buy all the games. :-(|) Will leave about half a dozen. ;)

Josephine Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

Go for it, Chester! We'll be thinking of you!
Send Nick P love from the forum, won't you?

the crackers gromit Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

wow looks like a great boardgame!

the crackers gromit Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

can you get nick park to come to america!

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 24th 2007
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TO SEE NICK PARK AT HAMLEYS

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

groovywag Posted: Nov 24th 2007
;)

:preston3::):):):):):):):):):):):)me

Sorry if he was a bit late getting to the first floor,:-(|)>:-)
It was my fault.:O
He was signing a few things for me upstairs and I kept him talking.:D;):-X

Well I did buy six games. :)

Josephine Posted: Nov 24th 2007

YIPTAHOOOTIE, CHESTER! WELL DONE YOU! AND YOU, GROOVYWAG! EH, LAD, YOU MUST BE STILL WALKING ON AIR AFTER TODAY! I BET THE KIDS WERE BURSTING TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR GRAND DAY OUT WITH NICK P. HOPE YOU GOT A FEW PHOTOS FOR THE ALBUM WITH YOURSELF AND THE ALMIGHTY NICK...I, FOR ONE, WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU AND HOPED YOU WOULD BE OK...CHUFFED TO MINTBALLS THAT IT ALL WENT AS WELL AS COULD BE EXPECTED! AND AS FOR MEETING NICK P - THE CHERRIES ON THE ICING ON THE CAKE!

Had a BRILLIANT:D FANTASTIC :-XSUPER|-) WONDERFUL0:) EXCITING>:-) day out.
THANKS TO HAMLEYS staff.
I took one child with me. Went to Harrods first. Arrived ten minutes before opening time. Can you believe it, we had to wait outside for ten minutes, while security were smirking at us, (the general public) behind closed doors.
:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|:-(:-|
Hamleys was a completely different story.
:D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D0:):D
The staff couldnt do enough.
:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X
No queues for us.
;);););););););););)
To get to Nick they took us over the roof tops. The view was fantastic.|-)
We got to see him in private, for about ten minutes. before he had to go down to the first floor to see his fans.
I don't know how long the queue was? Can someone tell me?

gromit1 Posted: Nov 25th 2007
:D:)|-)

Joe l Posted: Nov 25th 2007

the queue was really short only about 10 people long. Did anyone else get him to sign extra stuff for them.

Say Cheese Posted: Nov 25th 2007

I didnt see any notices outside Hamleys, about Nick Park being there. :O
There should have been more advertising.:-(
I expected a lot more people,:-|
Still it was nice having more time to talk to him.|-)

I'm not allowed to play the game yet.:-(:'(:-(
Its been put away till Christmas.

Mibso Posted: Nov 25th 2007

Well done, Chester! Is he nice?

I hope he comes to Preston soon!

kieran Posted: Nov 25th 2007

i met nick park at London and had a picture with him.
on the board game does any one know what the sheep hideout cards are for.

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 25th 2007

Yes Nick Park is NICE:D:-X

He hopefuly will be coming to next year to unveil the and statue.

:'(Sorry :-(I cant tell you what the sheep hideout cards are for.
Perhaps Aardman can help.

I havent played the game yet, I am saving it till Christmas.

Josephine Posted: Nov 26th 2007

I hope Nick P will be in too. I'll clear my diary as soon as the date is set in stone...and I'll bring my sleeping bag, flask and butties
I was not entirely surprised that there were very few at Hamleys to meet the Almighty Nick but it NO WAY reflects the wishes of the many diehard & fans (like ourselves) who would have given anything to be there - no problems making up the numbers! P'raps Hamleys wanted to keep it low key because these VIP occasions would attract the equivalent of either a Moscow bread queue or a rugby scrum! A lovely time was had by all and I bet Nick P was chuffed to mintballs, too! &

PS: Nick P should have been asked to switch on the Preston Christmas Lights this year instead of that z list actor who swore at everybody!

Petedude72 Posted: Nov 26th 2007

In Forbidden Planet, do you have to pre-order a copy to be signed, or do you buy it in store and then get it signed?

Say Cheese Posted: Nov 26th 2007

I think you only order a signed Fleeced game if you can't make it to Bristol, because is does say postage and packing is about £5.00. and they only get delivered after the 12th.
I'll ring them up to find out

Say Cheese Posted: Nov 26th 2007

JUST RANG FORBIDDEN PLANET.0:) YOU ONLY NEED TO ORDER FLEECED IF YOU WANT IT POSTED. THEY WILL HAVE 250 FLEECED GAMES IN STORE FOR NICK TO SIGN ON SATURDAY.
HOPE THAT HELPS.:D
THEY ARE EXPECTING MORE PEOPLE THAN HAMLEYS HAD.
THEY SAID THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF INTEREST.

ChesterTheSnake Posted: Nov 26th 2007

Wouldn't it be great if Nick did switch on the Christmas lights.8)
It could coincide with the unveiling of the Wallace and Gromit Statue.
I'll offer to go in a outfit if you Josephine will go in the one.:D

kieran Posted: Nov 26th 2007

andyx5 Posted: Nov 26th 2007

Cracking but can it make toast ?

who cares pass me a cracker and a slab of gorgonzola !

lecare Posted: Nov 26th 2007

I live in Washington state in the U.S.A. and sooooo envy all of you who were able to see Nick! My husband and I (and subsequently our children) have also been fans since we saw "The Wrong Trousers" on vhs from our local library. Absolutely Brilliant!
Thank you Nick!:D

Mibso Posted: Nov 26th 2007

I want to win Creation of the month now.. you get fleeced and the signature of your work!

Linda_Down_Under Posted: Nov 26th 2007

Has Fleeced been given a world-wide launch or do we need to wait until the convict ship pulls up in our humble little harbour complete with villians and sheep rustlers??

Does anyone know if the "Game of the Year" will make it to Sydney Australia for Christmas?????

Josephine Posted: Nov 26th 2007

Hi, Chester! I might look strange as ... I'll have to go as or ...

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.